Easy money to made tomorrow at noon.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Easy money to made tomorrow at noon.

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:22 pm

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/st ... &langId=-1

Whos in? I am in for 2 as of right now. 8-)

26998 left.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Re: Easy money to made tomorrow at noon.

Postby byro007 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:30 pm

I am in for one. Definitly
byro007
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Copper Member » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:37 pm

i hope their server doesn't go down with all the oders that will be coming in. I'll be trying for 1 for sure.
check me out on facebook Lake's Coin's and Militaria
Copper Member
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:41 pm

Their server ALWAYS goes down in these situations, you have to muscle through for about 20 minutes to buy on these hot issues.

Which I will do :)
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:42 pm

thats 26,995 left.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby byro007 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:42 pm

My question is what do you guys think they will go for if your the first ones to sell them on ebay?
byro007
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:58 pm

I would guess that there are already "pre-sales" on eBay right? I haven't bothered to check.
barrytrot

Postby Tantalar » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:06 pm

total noob question here... What is so good about this deal?
If you love antiques, vintage, advertising material, goodwill hunting, gold, silver, and buying and selling on Ebay and Amazon, then you should check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/PickingProfits?feature=mhee

"The man who buys cheap laughs once, but cries many times. The man who buys expensive cries once, but laughs many"
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." — Henry David Thoreau
Tantalar
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Copper Catcher » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:08 pm

There is a limit one per household....and a mintage of 27,000… they will be like hens teeth.

The price for the 5 oz silver coin is $279.95 i.e. $55.99 an ounce which we will hit by year end, if not sooner.
Copper Catcher

Postby brian0918 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:11 pm

Can someone explain how this is easy money? There are already a bunch sold on ebay that have been graded, and sold for the same price as the Mint is selling them for. There are a couple that went for about $600 on ebay, but not many. Most went for much less. How are you selling these?
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Treetop » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:17 pm

just reading the mint site..... its hilarious, i didnt realize these had a face value of 25 cents. these are apparently quarters.

would be hilarious to see some try to use their ATB set to buy a 20 ounce soda, and get rejected....
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:21 pm

Speculation......but this kinda crap will not happen as much: http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-ATB-SILVER-NGC ... 27ba76a1ca

Most will end up dirctly in collectors hands as opposed to this guys hands.

Dont forget these are differnt coins then the Junk Bullions issued at 33000 mintage. They have a "P" mintmark

I can lead you to water but I can't make you drink.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby brian0918 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:59 pm

Rodebaugh: how much are you thinking you'll be able to get for them on ebay, or are you not even selling them?
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:09 pm

brian0918 wrote:Rodebaugh: how much are you thinking you'll be able to get for them on ebay, or are you not even selling them?

Brian, that is a darn good question. I will say that if they don't outpace the prices obtained by the Bullion ATBs by 10-20% I will be very surprised. Also there will be far fewer of them certified at the Third party grading Cos just because of the a wide distribution through a single source.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby AGCoinHunter » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:50 pm

I will be attempting to buy one @ noon.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:01 pm

My Grandmother and Father are now getting one each as well. 8-)

but.......Dad will keep his for himself. :roll:
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby hejira11 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:16 pm

I'll be trying! :) Thanks for the heads up Rodebaugh!!!
Last edited by hejira11 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:23 pm

You guys talked me into it. I already made a nice profit flipping a bullion set so I bet I can make 100 bucks with this one. This silver rollercoaster has some big hills in it before the ride is over for me. This should be a thrilling and chilling year ahead! :mrgreen:
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby lakehouse » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:47 pm

Any idea of what folks these will grade out as? The 27k vs 33k sets is about the same roughly. The same coin graded MS68PL from the sets are about the same $280. If they are from the same dies will they not be worse (ignoring any damage from the coin dealers' handling). I guess the real question is would you be better off with an already graded coin versus the ungraded blind draw of what you'd get from the mint?
lakehouse

Postby fusscharles » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:56 pm

apmex just sent me an offer for these... im going on ya'll word to get these, casue I hate spending more than spot!
fusscharles
Penny Pincher Member

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Ampex just sent me an offer "You Have A 24 Hour Head Start To Purchase The 2011 Gettysburg & Glacier Silver Two Coin America The Beautiful Set" At spot of 48.59 they are 576.30 when paying by check. So that is 57.63 dollars an ounce of silver. Yow!! They are only $546.03 if you buy 50 or more. I don't have 27 grand laying around so I won't be doing that one! The glacier one sure is pretty! What do you guys think of buying these?
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby mortarman » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:35 pm

Yall gotta help a soldier out on this one. My wife and I have been 90% dimes/buy-and-hold/unsophisticated/mouthbreathing types for about two years now. As such, the only money I've made has been in the appreciation of our metal, but has generated no cash flow. Do most of yall buy these to resell them on ebay? Just curios. Don't expect any competition from me as my unsophisticated ways prevent me from opening an account on feebay.
mortarman

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:44 pm

I usually just use feebay.
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:48 pm

mortarman wrote:Yall gotta help a soldier out on this one. My wife and I have been 90% dimes/buy-and-hold/unsophisticated/mouthbreathing types for about two years now. As such, the only money I've made has been in the appreciation of our metal, but has generated no cash flow. Do most of yall buy these to resell them on ebay? Just curios. Don't expect any competition from me as my unsophisticated ways prevent me from opening an account on feebay.

Hey mortarman,

Don't worry about competing with us. Feel free to git yer butt involved in our market area. Once folks here know you, you will find the RC market place to be a very fluid environment. As far as when you sell or what to sell, that's your dilemma. It is a dilemma. I regret selling every nanogram I've ever sold, but I did use the money, often to buy more.

Some of us are traders others are hoarders some in between. I would guess most wish they were pure hoarders with their asses clamped shut full of silver.

Just like the old, miserable, grungy pie-eater we all put up with (you all know who I mean).

Moral of the post: It's a good idea to network with buyers and sellers, here and locally. If there is no market for your PMs then why bother?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby jtlee321 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:36 am

jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals