looking to buy the dip

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

looking to buy the dip

Postby Tantalar » Wed May 04, 2011 5:01 am

I have maybe about $500. I have coins but now I want bullion. I don't care if its ugly. Wheres the best place to get it at or around spot? Ebay tends to keep the price up. Is there anywhere I can get it online for close to the spot price or will they all be the same? I can't go to any local coin shop or pawn shop. I want bars or rounds since I don't have any (i have a medium sized pile of pre 1964 coins)
If you love antiques, vintage, advertising material, goodwill hunting, gold, silver, and buying and selling on Ebay and Amazon, then you should check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/PickingProfits?feature=mhee

"The man who buys cheap laughs once, but cries many times. The man who buys expensive cries once, but laughs many"
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." — Henry David Thoreau
Tantalar
Penny Pincher Member

Re: looking to buy the dip

Postby 97guns » Wed May 04, 2011 8:45 am

ive picked up 65 oz so far on this dip, most recent came last night. a roll of eagles for $44.13 a pop, for $1 more i was able to get eagles over generic so for $20 it was a no brainer.
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby moneydog » Fri May 06, 2011 2:10 pm

Tantalar wrote:I have maybe about $500. I have coins but now I want bullion. I don't care if its ugly. Wheres the best place to get it at or around spot? Ebay tends to keep the price up. Is there anywhere I can get it online for close to the spot price or will they all be the same? I can't go to any local coin shop or pawn shop. I want bars or rounds since I don't have any (i have a medium sized pile of pre 1964 coins)

check bullion direct nucleo exchange ive used its pretty good :)
moneydog
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Nickelmeister » Fri May 06, 2011 2:25 pm

Standing offer: BUYING Canadian junk silver at 90% melt. PM me to lock in price and quantity.
Nickelmeister
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Investin Cents » Fri May 06, 2011 4:47 pm

T - what do you mean when you say
I can't go to any local coin shop or pawn shop.

You don't have any near you? You don't know of any near you? You won't go to to ones you do know for whatever reason?

Just curious. I had to find a few shops well away from me to find the good deals. Look for local coin or numismatic clubs near you or coin shows and find out who has the best deals there.

Other than that the members here have good offers. I don't do "fee-bay" - at least not yet! Good luck! :D
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." - JFK - 1962

Current book: American Values - RFK Jr.; Favorite website (other than Realcent): Zerohedge.com; Favorite metals in order: Ag, Au, Pt, CuZn, CuZnSn, Cu, Ni, Al, CuNi and of course Pb encased in Cu [in various forms and sizes :)]
Investin Cents
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals