Silver is crazy

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver is crazy

Postby JobIII » Wed May 04, 2011 10:42 am

Never been a really a big silver buyer, but with all the hype about all things pointing north, I put together two large orders this week. one bid at 30x and the other at 31x (this is when junk ag was riding just >33x face).

Had that seller been quicker to respond. The deal would have definitely gone through and I would have basically lost 2-4x the face value essentially overnight. More so now that silver dropped again today. I hope most people here buying into silver didn't dive head over heels when junk silver was at 33x like i almost did.

I'm wondering if this is the start of a major sell off or end to the silver bubble...? Any thoughts comments, or personal marketing and commodity faux pas to share?
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Re: Silver is crazy

Postby Mossy » Thu May 05, 2011 8:02 pm

First of all, you don't lose money until you sell, something people abandoning their homes forget.

Check the 5 year silver chart at Kitco. Silver dropped to about half over the summer of 2008, and came back up.

The basic economic situation remains unchanged; the number of dollars has increased several times over, unemployment remains high, inflation remains high, the long term debts represented by Social Security, Medicare, various retirement accounts, all remain without any way to pay them. The problems have not been solved, and will create big problems later.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Thu May 05, 2011 8:33 pm

junius, i think when you sold some to me last time it started its rise to $50. you need to sell some more to get the price up. you are good/bad luck!
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Thu May 05, 2011 8:49 pm

You were itching to sell at 14X face last year. Be patient.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby glass » Thu May 05, 2011 8:54 pm

I started buying at 30-34
Somebody please stop this
glass
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu May 05, 2011 8:59 pm

There is a reason the phase just before the bottom is called "capitulation".
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby strikeaxe » Thu May 05, 2011 9:15 pm

I'm still holding PM's for the long run. FRN's are worthless paper the sham will continue as long as people are buying into the not in my backyard syndrome. Reminds me of a child sticking their fingers in their ears while annoucing loudly " I'M NOT LISTENING" But facts are facts our stuff is costing more each and every day, the lemmings will run clamoring over the cliff when it all breaks. Hopefully it that never happens in my life time then I have a nice collection of shiny stuff for my kids.

Freedom is not Free.
America has become the NO DEPOSIT NO RETURN country.
strikeaxe
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals