APMEX needs more Sheep to sell Silver

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

APMEX needs more Sheep to sell Silver

Postby beauanderos » Mon May 09, 2011 2:30 pm

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: APMEX needs more Sheep to sell Silver

Postby AGCoinHunter » Mon May 09, 2011 2:42 pm

To be so out of favor now that they have successfully knocked it down, they sure are out of a lot of silver. The sellers last week were all on paper.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby franklin » Mon May 09, 2011 3:32 pm

They have a 6-8 dollar premium (at this time) per coin on each decent Morgan or Peace.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby CU Baker » Mon May 09, 2011 3:49 pm

Holy s..t, HCBTT must have bought out their inventory completely :lol: Now that makes me :mrgreen:
Marriage is grand, divorce is a hundred grand!
CU Baker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby franklin » Mon May 09, 2011 5:32 pm

I figure they bought from a lot of y'all 2 weeks ago at 48 and are sitting on it until it gets back to 50. I have a hard time believing they are out of those items.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby Neckro » Mon May 09, 2011 5:36 pm

like above said, as price widely swings out of their favor. Their products "Sell out" And magically reappear when silver goes up.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby Robarons » Mon May 09, 2011 6:34 pm

Well it seems they still have $1000 Face bags in stock and have 20 of them.

I think they put all their 90% in $1000 face bags because traditionally they only have like 3 or 4 of those bags in stock. Its easier to sell $1000 face at 23x or whatever than a walking liberty bag at 27x or whatever the premiums are for those 'special bags'
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Postby RR GUY » Mon May 09, 2011 7:43 pm

They sure have a whole lot of Morgan's and Peace dollars. Price is typical retail price. One of my dealer's has very few average circulated left and has been begging me to part with the Culls. Another dealer I recenlty bought from has plenty of better coins, but he wants a huge premium like the old days. I haven't been to a coin show in a few years, maybe somebody can report as to the amount of inventory there. I would also be interested to know how many gold pieces are available at the shows as well.
RR GUY
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals