Minting of the ATB 5 oz Coins - Video

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Minting of the ATB 5 oz Coins - Video

Postby Tourney64 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:25 am

Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Re: Minting of the ATB 5 oz Coins - Video

Postby daviscfad » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:41 am

i am surprised there are any ms-70s the way it drops the coins out when its done minting
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby hejira11 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:59 pm

Thanks for the video. I never saw a mint before. I had no idea how rough they are with them.
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby Pachucko » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:10 pm

daviscfad wrote:i am surprised there are any ms-70s the way it drops the coins out when its done minting

I heard there hasn't been one yet, at least by NGC or PCGS. (I could be wrong though.)
Pachucko
Penny Collector Member

Postby daviscfad » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:50 pm

i have seen some selling on ebay i think. the bullion versions not the p mint
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby moneydog » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:11 pm

buy cup of coffe with that puppy :lol:
moneydog
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:34 pm

I hope there is more than .999% silver in them.... :) (And that is an official video, no less. No one proofs them?)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Corsair » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:01 pm

68Camaro wrote:I hope there is more than .999% silver in them.... :) (And that is an official video, no less. No one proofs them?)

Exactly. Put onto YouTube by the person called "USMint." First they say there's less than one percent silver in the coin, and then they show the wrong version when describing the bullion version and numismatic version. They say only one carries the "P" mintmark, when, in fact, both coins they present have the mintmark. The government at work, my friends.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals