Great find on ebay (finally!)

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Great find on ebay (finally!)

Postby marblerye » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:36 pm

Item= 120742710793

Haven't been able to find much on ebay lately but managed to snag these 12 American Prospectors for $318. Works out to $26/oz. after ebay bucks. Just received the coins this afternoon and they're in very nice shape too.

If you want to list an item to get the best price, I don't recommend this guy's method...
marblerye

Re: Great find on ebay (finally!)

Postby Morsecode » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:26 pm

Persistence occasionally pays off. Nice going.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby ScottyTX » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:29 pm

Wow, congrats it seems he is just trying to unload some things that he really has no clue of really how to list them. I'm just amazed that some other ebay'ers didn't jack the bids up. I'm guessing since they were in replica's/ reproductions with little disc. some might have assumed or not have wanted to risk them being fakes.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby marblerye » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:13 pm

This seller dumped several lots of silver in a span of a few hours on July 3rd. I bid on some of the dollars but I wasn't aggressive enough. The lot of 9 silver dollars went for $229. There were no pics in the listing so I think that scared a lot of people away.

Does show there can still be bargains had on ebay, though they're becoming more difficult to find.
marblerye

Postby RR GUY » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:09 pm

There was a plethora of stuff being sold on ebay this weekend. It seems that the uptick in price brought out a lot of sellers, with a limited number of buyers. I got a bunch of bargains including one lot of 50 Walking Liberty halves for 20x and a large lot of Roosevelt times for 21x (not including ebucks). Somtetimes when there is so much out there, some lots just slip through the cracks. It pays to leave low bids on numerous lots, as occasionally one hits.
RR GUY
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:13 pm

RR GUY wrote:There was a plethora of stuff being sold on ebay this weekend. It seems that the uptick in price brought out a lot of sellers, with a limited number of buyers. I got a bunch of bargains including one lot of 50 Walking Liberty halves for 20x and a large lot of Roosevelt times for 21x (not including ebucks). Somtetimes when there is so much out there, some lots just slip through the cracks. It pays to leave low bids on numerous lots, as occasionally one hits.

Bingo ;)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby cuag » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:57 pm

I was one of the buyers that came out of hiding (and also greetings everyone, long-time rc.org stalker, first time poster). I scored the holy grail...the silver lucite toilet seat at 21.8x without considering ebay bucks along with some other things, but I noticed the weak bidding as well.
cuag

Postby shinnosuke » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:17 pm

cuag wrote:I was one of the buyers that came out of hiding (and also greetings everyone, long-time rc.org stalker, first time poster). I scored the holy grail...the silver lucite toilet seat at 21.8x without considering ebay bucks along with some other things, but I noticed the weak bidding as well.

Welcome. Please tell us of your successes each time. Keeps us motivated. Got a picture of that toilet seat?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Chief » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:10 am

cuag wrote:I was one of the buyers that came out of hiding (and also greetings everyone, long-time rc.org stalker, first time poster). I scored the holy grail...the silver lucite toilet seat at 21.8x without considering ebay bucks along with some other things, but I noticed the weak bidding as well.

I hate to poke fun, but a toilet seat? :lol: That is a lot of physical silver to sit on. :lol: Alright, I'm done, welcome to realcent.org!!
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby merchoarder » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:10 am

HAHA That is crazy!! Are you using it? My GF would kill me but I like it! Anyway, welcome to the forum!
"If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do" Warren Miller
merchoarder
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:20 am

Great finds! I was away from the bay this past weekend so I guess I missed some fun. But you all have the methods down! It does take some time to troll around looking for the bargins. When I'm in a bidding mood I'm a bottom-feeder, bid by the dozens and probably only get 1 in 20, but can get some good deals. Some of the members here are very good at it. The toilet seat is hilarious! Give you credit for finding that.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals