New at buying silver?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

New at buying silver?

Postby chris819 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:06 pm

I am new at buying silver instead of looking 4 it in rolls. I was wondering if $26 to 1 is a good deal. I am only 21 so I can't spend much. If it is what coin should I go with. I also spend most of my money on copper pennies because I can get them at face. Thanks 4 all the help. Chris
chris819
Penny Sorter Member

Re: New at buying silver?

Postby Thogey » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:16 pm

Check this out. http://www.coinflation.com/silver_coin_values.html

You're a smart kid for asking the question.

The numbers here will change based on the price of silver. At this time 26(face value) is a buy.

The cool thing about buying silver is that you can invest small quantities of cash with no commission or premium.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Gamecock » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:38 pm

I'm Ron Burgundy?
"When a government overvalues one type of money and undervalues another, the undervalued money will leave the country or disappear from circulation into hoards, while the overvalued money will flood into circulation."
Gamecock
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Thogey » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:43 pm

Gamecock wrote:I'm Ron Burgundy?

:?

What the hell is this supposed to mean? :?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Gamecock » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:53 pm

"When a government overvalues one type of money and undervalues another, the undervalued money will leave the country or disappear from circulation into hoards, while the overvalued money will flood into circulation."
Gamecock
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Oakair » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:07 pm

Im sure you've seen the post, but if you haven't,

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6881

A great deal for an american silver eagle under current spot price posted by another member here!

I jumped on it today...

I'm 20 years old myself, but started buying silver back when I was 11 :)...Im new to the copper game though, kinda pissed i missed a golden opportunity back when I lived in Canada haha

Good luck stacking!
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby avidbrandy » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:19 pm

thank you gamecock I was gonna post it if you didn't. :P

It's from anchor man thogey. worth seeing.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:25 pm

To many beers.... not enough..... why am I not getting this joke?

Anyways, at 26 x face buy with both hands all day. Then sell to me for $26.50 all day.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:26 pm

Went way over my head too, but maybe I'm just tired. Which I am... Later dudes.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Thogey » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:27 pm

I still don't get it!

GIT OFF MY LAWN. YOU KIDS!@

OMG I'm turning into beauanderos!?
Thogey

Postby Thogey » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:30 pm

It's a no-brainer! Tony is buying at 27(FV).

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7005
Thogey

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:33 pm

Thogey wrote:It's a no-brainer! Tony is buying at 27(FV).

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7005

Why do you think I am buying at 26.50..................... :lol:
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby chris819 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:23 am

Thanks everyone
chris819
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals