Trading Up - Trading your Finds

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Trading Up - Trading your Finds

Postby ardorlan » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:38 am

I am currently focus on finding silver halves, but should I trade them in for .999 Fine Silver OZ coins?
Silver Eagles? maybe trade allot in for gold, Should I trade them for Older Silver coins?

I am finding the silver in halves but that doesn't mean I can't trade them in for something like war nickels.

What is the best forum to keep silver in?
ardorlan
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Trading Up - Trading your Finds

Postby beauanderos » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:44 am

Whatever you can find that is the cheapest... at this point in your game. Get them most you can for your money, in whatever form of silver you amass. You're going to learn that forty percent halves will be much more common finds while searching as compared to ninety percents. Maybe as much as 6:1 ratio. When you get a significant number of them, you can trade with other members for 90% or .999. Build up your warchest with your finds, save your cash for the money you'll need to leave tied up with the banks to expand your searches. You won't be able to get full value from war nicks or forties when you trade/sell them... but they're a great place to start. :D
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Trading Up - Trading your Finds

Postby anarchir » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:38 pm

With each trade you might be taking a loss so perhaps just keep the silver in whatever form you find it? I prefer junk silver, it carries less premium and you dont have to worry about the numismatic value.
anarchir
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals