Newbie Dumping

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Newbie Dumping

Postby ardorlan » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:44 am

I walked into a wells fargo, waited in line for my first dump.
handed the teller a bucket with 196$ in Halves, she took it over to a machine and about 2 or 3 mins later came back with 196$ in cash.

about 4 days later went to the same bank stood with 285.50 in halves, stood in line, and waiting for the next teller when one lady said "just cashing in change" and I said yes. 3 mins later got $285.50.

So far dumping as been really easy. 300$ in Halves is pretty heavy for some of these teller ladies.
I would like to dump $500 at a time once I get going, Figuring I will put 250$ in each of 2 bags.
ardorlan
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Newbie Dumping

Postby ardorlan » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:27 pm

I guess my point is to all the newbie out there, dumping at a bank so far as been easy for me, I am not even a member at my dump bank.
ardorlan
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Chief » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:12 pm

You should be a member of your dump bank, in my opinion. Also, I've not had any problems dumping +/-$2000 at a time, in halves. Banks seem to be very nice around my parts. Do you sort pennies? Anyways, keep up the sorting. :)
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby ardorlan » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:56 pm

I am currently staying away from penny sorting.
ardorlan
Penny Pincher Member

Postby galenrog » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:13 pm

I use six branches of 3 credit unions for dumps. I use 3 branches of one bank, one branch of one bank, 34 branches of one CU, 3 of another CU, and am unafraid to walk into any branch of banks ad CUs' I am not a member of to ask for coin. I just started this a few months ago and I like the way silver is stacking up.
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Postby wpd7 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:33 pm

Every bank in my area asks if you're a member if asking for more than coins in the till...
wpd7
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals