1oz Gold Pandas. Need some help

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

1oz Gold Pandas. Need some help

Postby goodcents » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:02 am

The owner of the company I work for bought a good number of 1oz Gold pandas many years ago. He always bought them with dates ending in 8 due to the fact the number is supposed to be good luck to the Chinese.

these are MS 60 - MS 62.

Besides the currently market prices on gold (through the roof) do these carry a premium and in general how much?

I know a lot of you buy and sell on a regular basis and some may even be dealers. My experience is strictly in silver and I wanted to get some input on what he can expect on avg to get for these above spot.

Also if there is interest let me know. He is interested in selling them. I've done several transactions on here over the past few years.

Thanks.
Joe
goodcents
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: 1oz Gold Pandas. Need some help

Postby oober » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:17 am

It's a long thread, but there is some good info on Panda's. Generally Panda's carry a premium, some smaller mintages can carry quite a premium if certified. Scruffy Panda's usually sells for melt.

https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=68214
oober
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals