Highest Volume?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Highest Volume?

Postby mortarman » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:13 am

Curious who is managing to sort the highest volume out of our little community here. More curious to see how much capital the highest sorters are able to successfully manage. I heard of one guy ordering $25k a week in halves, but there's no telling how little time he had before he got cut off. Then you've got the whole other league with guys like highroller who manage lord knows how much regularly. Wonder if anyone sorting for silver is on par with the portland mint, now that jackson metals is out of the game?
mortarman

Re: Highest Volume?

Postby dan53 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:39 am

I sort 4-8 boxes per week. I am limited by the amount of halves I can return to banks without them stopping me from bringing them in.
dan53
Penny Pincher Member

Postby PennyBoy » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:50 pm

It's hard to imagine that anyone would be on par with the Portland Mint, albeit in silver, as the %'s aren't anywhere close.

Edit: although if someone is on par with highroller, props to him/her/them.
When people lose everything, and have nothing left to lose, they lose it.-Gerald Celente

My feedback: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8534

Happiness is the key to success.
PennyBoy
Penny Collector Member

Postby highroller4321 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:20 am

PennyBoy wrote:It's hard to imagine that anyone would be on par with the Portland Mint, albeit in silver, as the %'s aren't anywhere close.

Edit: although if someone is on par with highroller, props to him/her/them.

% are lower in silver but the profitablity per coin found make up for that.......as long as you find enough :lol:

1 quarter per $3,000
4 dimes per $1,000
Halves always hit or miss
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby BamaJoe » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:05 pm

It varies a bit, but I try to do 8 to 10 boxes a week. Got 8 coming in tomorrow. Have done 322 boxes so far this year so with the 8 tomorrow would would put my average at around 41 boxes a month so far for the year. In reality with the wife, kids, work and life in general that's about as much as I have time for. When I know I'm going to have a bit of free time I'll kick the order up a little.
Last edited by BamaJoe on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Oakair » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:21 pm

With only 250$ invested I searched 10-12 boxes a week...

My funds were drained though, and I couldn't even afford a box of dimes :(

I plan on searching as much as possible during the school year, but to invest most of my disposable income in buying silver off craigslist at a bargain price and flipping it...
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals