Sunday Silver

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Sunday Silver

Postby Oakair » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:35 pm

Whats the consensus out there...Will she rise or fall from this 43$ position?

Im betting on a climb to 44$ by NY market open...and a beat down after she hits 45$...

I just don't see this position being sustainable for more than a few days at this point, but Im a perpetual pessimist ;)

Last edited by Oakair on Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Sunday Silver

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:50 pm

Hard to take a bet on this, there are several plausible scenarios, though one I'll be watching for will be a contination of the run-up to 45-46 overnight, then a major short action to try to drop it back to the 39 area.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby kidman232 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:58 pm

think gold will finish up tomorrow, but silver loses 2% or so
never enough silver
kidman232
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:26 pm

If we retrace to sub $40 I will be buying with both hands.

I don't count on it.....at least not right away.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:27 pm

Oakair wrote:Whats the consensus out there...Will she rise or fall from this 43$ position?

Im betting on a climb to 44$ by NY market open...and a beat down after she hits 45$...

I just don't see this position being sustainable for more than a few days at this point, but Im a perpetual pessimist ;)

higher, punches thru 50, be of faith, the screwheads strategy of duct tape and bailing wires is coming undone, they're already passing the Jim Jones kool aid around the banquet hall at the IMF, maybe the BIS as well. The folks at the EU state bank have pill collections that would make Keith Richards mad with envy. All is well.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:08 pm

Right now both are looking good.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby theo » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:12 pm

Yep. BTW Which markets are trading right now (6 pm EDT)? I know the major Asian markets open at 8 pm EDT.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby slickeast » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:14 pm

theo wrote:Yep. BTW Which markets are trading right now (6 pm EDT)? I know the major Asian markets open at 8 pm EDT.

Go to Kitco.com
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby beauanderos » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:18 pm

theo wrote:Yep. BTW Which markets are trading right now (6 pm EDT)? I know the major Asian markets open at 8 pm EDT.

Must be pre-market Asian trading then. Something has to be influencing the price.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby JTM3 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:25 pm

Oakair wrote:Whats the consensus out there...Will she rise or fall from this 43$ position?

I'm a perpetual pessimist as well! How will I ever amass a substantial hoard if silver keeps going higher and higher! I'm praying for your prediction, but I'm not so sure on the "beat down" aspect... :(
+637 posts
JTM3
Penny Collector Member

Postby blackrabbit » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Wow it hit 44 dollars already! I would not be surprised if it did a run up to 48 bucks this week!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:48 pm

What a way to wake up from a nap (dang cats made me do it)

Thats one precipitous climb!
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Delawhere Jack » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:54 pm

$45 by Wednesday. Some party must intervene to prop up some major Euro banks, particularly Soc Gen. It could be the ECB, or..... the FED. Watch for behind the scenes liquidity swaps (reported weekly, after the fact) by the FED. The amounts may seem trivial, only in the hundreds of millions, but the alternative is to see credit markets in Europe sieze up, which would cascade around the world.

Also, don't allow yourself to be diverted by the news out of Libya. Watch the fortunes of the big European banks over the next 24-48 hours.

BTW, I am not an expert economist, but I read Zerohedge last night. :D
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Postby Hades12 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:52 pm

Back down Monday and tuesday as people drop the weekend Hold and buy into "good Deals" maybe back to this level later in the week and up friday as a hold for the next weekend.
Hades12
Penny Collector Member

Postby warthog » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:54 pm

I'll be watching the overnights too. I don't know why exactly as I really don't have any moves planned... just curiousity I guess.
warthog

Postby Know Common Cents » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:38 pm

POS estimates for this week

Mon $44.11
Tues 42.66
Wed 43.91
Thurs 46.12
Fri 42.19

No crystal ball in the KCC family. Just a wild guess based upon decades of wild guesses. I'm interested to see if I'm even in the ball bark on any of these. I'd rather have it throttle up to $50 and keep going rather than me being right.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals