My CraigsList AD please check my prices offered for adjustme

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

My CraigsList AD please check my prices offered for adjustme

Postby Henchman » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:09 pm

Please check out my CL ad and critique any prices you think are WAY off.

Had my first seller on the phone just now and he JUMPED all over my Nickel price but said my other prices were off a bit, didn't say how much.

He's selling me 116 War Nicks for 1.80 each, thinking this seems pretty fair. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Henchman

------------------------------
Hello! I'm not a dealer or cash for gold guy, just collector looking to increase my collection.

I am buying any Silver coin or Fine Silver (.999) bar or round.

Here is the list of prices I am currently paying for your Silver:

Jefferson War Nickels (1942-1945)...............= 36x Face Value ($1.80)
Mercury Dime (1916-1945).........................= 26x FV ($2.60)
Roosevelt Dime (1946-1964).......................= 26x FV ($2.60)
Standing Liberty Quarter (1916-1930)............= 26x FV ($6.50)
Washington Quarter (1932-1964)..................= 26x FV ($6.50)
Half Dollar (1916-1947)..............................= 26x FV ($13.00)
Ben Franklin Half Dollar (1948-1963)..............= 26x FV ($13.00)
JFK Half Dollar (1964)................................= 26x FV ($13.00)
JFK Half Dollar 40% Silver (1964-1970)............ = 9x FV ($4.50)
Morgan Dollar (1878-1921)...........................= 29x FV ($29.00)
Peace Dollar (1921-1935).............................= 27x FV ($27.00)

Fine Silver (.999) 1 or 5 ounce oz bar/round = (SPOT Silver price @ 88%) meaning I will quote you the current price of Silver and offer 88% of that.

I feel that my pricing is very fair compared to dealers and cashforgold guys offering 50% of what your items are worth. Check them out and then contact me!

I will travel to your location to meet in a public area (bank, library, coffee shop).

So if you are interested in some CASH for you coins or silver please email, text or call.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!
---------------------------------------------------------
Henchman
Penny Sorter Member

Re: My CraigsList AD please check my prices offered for adju

Postby Oakair » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:12 pm

more generous than I am ;)...Doubtful you will get any sellers for the .999 stuff though, It tends to be people who don't much follow silver but have accumulated a few coins or ex-collectors whose wives convince them to sell :lol:...you should quote the .999 at spot and just take the premiums as profit, or at least thats what I would do

You should post your area and going rates over in my thread devoted to craigslist rates...help compile the data and all
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby wagsthadog » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:56 am

Hi there-

JMO, I wouldn't pay less for peace dollars- you might be losing some action due to that.
Other than that, just see what bites you get- As long as you are paying more than your competition, THAT's the price to set it at.

wags
wagsthadog
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JobIII » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:11 am

Today 90% silver spot is ~ 30.5 x face. You're asking 26x. It's hard to want to sell anything valuable at 85% of it's face value. And people with easy access to multiple online information sites like coinflation.com, may pass on your offer in hopes of getting closer to or even a premium above spot.

Craigslist is really hit or miss and often you get a lot of nonsense hits which do not become anything. That being said, if you keep this offer going, chances are you'll get a couple serious customers too.
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:11 am

JobIII wrote:Today 90% silver spot is ~ 30.5 x face. You're asking 26x. It's hard to want to sell anything valuable at 85% of it's face value. And people with easy access to multiple online information sites like coinflation.com, may pass on your offer in hopes of getting closer to or even a premium above spot.

Craigslist is really hit or miss and often you get a lot of nonsense hits which do not become anything. That being said, if you keep this offer going, chances are you'll get a couple serious customers too.

It all depends on the area...

Around here pawn shops/gold buyers buy at about 21X and other Craiglist buyers give about 24X...And there aren't any easily accessible coin shops either...

I get fairly consistent buys at 25-26X (including Morgans and Peace)...Not everyone is as well informed as they should be
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby VWBEAMER » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:28 pm

The idea is not to buy all the silver, but to buy all you can cheaply. He is paying more than gold buyers and pawn shops. Even if the seller sells on Ebay, they have topay eBay fees and paypal fees. It hard for the seller to sell any where and get 100% of spot value.

This way the seller gets cash quickly in hand and more than he would get a pawn shop or gold buyer.

JobIII wrote:Today 90% silver spot is ~ 30.5 x face. You're asking 26x. It's hard to want to sell anything valuable at 85% of it's face value. And people with easy access to multiple online information sites like coinflation.com, may pass on your offer in hopes of getting closer to or even a premium above spot.

"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby JobIII » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:54 am

I just offered $4 for a large collection of 40% and the seller replied he was selling at 2% above spot.
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:37 am

Hench, i appreciate you offering a bid to provide liquidity, and i dont mean to seem out of line...i really dont, but i aint even THINKING of selling any 90%'ers below 100X face, and even then, i regard FRN's as monopoly money, hence it dont bother me one bit to bid 31X on a roll i want, or 12X on a roll of 40's, provided they clean unc coins.

i sure do appreciate the fact that dealers live in the spread between bid and ask, and i pray that any square dealer prosper, but i'm not selling anything brother, i walk around in 7 dollar walmart sneakers, make my own bread, coz i am stacking and stashing, there is a storm a-coming.

and another thing i dont do, is buy on this board, not becoz i dont trust the guys, but i never mix friendship with business, if i did, i'd have to give away coins, and my trading head is cold and hard, but i hope you can pick stuff up at 26X's...not from me though, no offense, those rolls would cost you 100X's face.
respectfully, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals