24 Dollar Silver Showdown!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

24 Dollar Silver Showdown!

Postby blackrabbit » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:30 pm

Well I thought we'd see a correction by now but it looks like this bull is charging hard! :D Will silver hit 24 this week? Are the dips from now on one day affairs? Are the people bidding too much on my silver on e-bay actually getting good deals? Exciting times indeed!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Re: 24 Dollar Silver Showdown!

Postby beauanderos » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:58 pm

I don't think they're bidding too much, they just know that if they want it, they have to pay the going rate. They'll be vindicated in coming weeks when, looking back, they'll grin knowing they got a good deal. Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby coppertone » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:51 pm

Competition in E Bay auctions has certainly ramped up. Getting harder to find silver in my price range (melt value, shipped). We hit 23.00 sooner than expected, 24.00 will likely follow suit.
coppertone
Penny Pincher Member

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:50 am

24 dollar silver here we come. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :D This bull is amazing! We may get there today! I am glad I picked up a couple ounces last night for under spot. 8-)
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby slvrbck » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:53 am

We may hit 24 by lunch!!!
Soooo... Is it just me or is a chart of US debt looking dangerously parabolic?
slvrbck
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:06 am

Believe it or not, you're going to see these pricing moves nearly every day Image... for the next five or six years Imageas fiat currencies worldwide bottom out and real money regains legitimacy. If I were you, I'd be buying into this trend, not selling Image
beauanderos

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:15 pm

You may be right. I was thinking that you were just being a cheerleader but now maybe a prophet! The Fed really is trying to inflate away the unpayable debt. Let the world wide currency wars rage! :twisted: It's only 10 AM here in California and silver is at $23.97! :o :D
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:46 pm

Each time we approach a new dollar level... it's kinda like a New Year's Eve celebration Image, isn't it? Where's my fireworks? Image
beauanderos

Postby Metalhead » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:46 pm

I thought this was an interesting article. http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/Art ... leId=14672

Things are shifting. To me the world economy feels like a large ship with a lot of momentum that cannot change its course overnight. But I think the wheel is turned and we are starting to move.
Metalhead

Postby Neckro » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:52 pm

BUT I JUST PUT ALL MY MONEY INTO T-BILLS!
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby AGCoinHunter » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:15 pm

Maybe $25 by the end of the week? These ~$1 a day jumps are amazing.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Country » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:34 pm

I haven't felt this giddy about SILVER since the 1980 explosive price rise to $50+. :ugeek: I hope that this time the London/Wall Street bankers will finally be vaporized as they and their bag of tricks disappears forever. Perhaps we are witnessing this unfold right now as a consortium of worldwide parties finally put on the SHORT SQUEEZE OF THE CENTURY. In addition, the hedgees are like a pack of sharks smelling the blood of the wounded banksters. These sharks will front run the short squeeze as they go in for the KILL. :twisted:

May we all see the all time high in SILVER, like GOLD already has accomplished, come soon.... :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby dakota1955 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:50 pm

it above 24 today
dakota1955

Postby AGCoinHunter » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:57 pm

Country wrote:I haven't felt this giddy about SILVER since the 1980 explosive price rise to $50+. :ugeek: I hope that this time the London/Wall Street bankers will finally be vaporized as they and their bag of tricks disappears forever. Perhaps we are witnessing this unfold right now as a consortium of worldwide parties finally put on the SHORT SQUEEZE OF THE CENTURY. In addition, the hedgees are like a pack of sharks smelling the blood of the wounded banksters. These sharks will front run the short squeeze as they go in for the KILL. :twisted:

May we all see the all time high in SILVER, like GOLD already has accomplished, come soon.... :mrgreen:

I sure hope they do but I don’t put any trust in it. There will be some sort of intervention to quell the rise as the bankers are the ones who control the market and those who control it make the rules. I sure hope I am wrong but I really can’t trust a manipulated market such as this.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:00 pm

Yea! Came back from lunch to find that 24 has been breeched! Hit 24.14 as a high so far! I was a kid in the eighties, and the last big bull market I got into was comics when I was 13 and that did not turn out so well. :cry: I am a bit wiser now, as I found out with comics, paper is pretty much worthless! :P
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Roadrunner » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:09 pm

$24! :D :D

I feel like jumping up and down!....on my not-nearly-big-enough pile of Ag.
"The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, says the LORD of hosts." ~Haggai 2:8
Roadrunner
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:22 pm

blackrabbit wrote:Yea! Came back from lunch to find that 24 has been breeched! Hit 24.14 as a high so far! I was a kid in the eighties, and the last big bull market I got into was comics when I was 13 and that did not turn out so well. :cry: I am a bit wiser now, as I found out with comics, paper is pretty much worthless! :P

Me too BR, worthless now.....but what you learned may come in handy someday and have value....It did for me.......seems like only yesterday......:

I was in D-school 2nd year.....had a little pocket money from time to time and loved to go to auctions....you know the real LIVE type......Well it came friday night and I was at one of my favorite auction barns looking around in box lots....(waiting on the sterling to be put up on the block)....and I came across som old comics. Well I sorted through them....there was alot of crap titles and a few good ones. But one comic caught my eye (pic below)....WOW....I new exactly what was in my hands....I just couldn't believe it! True it was in poor shape at best but we are talking the 1914-D of comics here.....I had only seen photos as a boy....But I Knew....the cover art was a dead give away! I quickly looked inside the front cover to see the publishing info to look for that tell tale 1963 date.....BINGO....I though, OK Chris calm down, get ahold of yourself. It wasn't advertised.....NO ONE had a CLUE. 2 hours later and $35 bucks out of my pocket I bougfht the whole boxlot. Sold the book below on ebay and enjoyed the other comics in class that semester :P

Why the cover is cut: Back in the day unsold comics were trashed. For a store owner to prove that the comic was not sold and to get a "unsold credit" from the distobution center titles were often cut away and returned. To think that this didn't sell and to reclaim his 12 cents a razor was taken to this classic.....I wish I could have kept it :cry:
Poor Poor college me.

Me best deal ever....and why I still go to auctions as often as possiable.....you just never know.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Thogey » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:54 pm

Your not going to tell us what it sold for?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby SteelCityCopper » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:17 pm

I agree with Beau on this one. You folks haven't seen anything yet. This $.50 to $1 jumps is nothing. I'm buying for the personal stash while I can.
Jason
- JPM doesn't determine our prices, the market does -
Steel City Copper
http://www.steelcitycopper.com
SteelCityCopper
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:24 pm

Thogey wrote:Your not going to tell us what it sold for?

Always the bottom dollar with you Eric :lol: ......Just a hair under $700 Shipped.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Thogey » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:37 pm

Silver bounced up off 24 for the past couple hours. It's spiking again.

Hey Chris

It is the bottom line...Would you buy that ratty old thing for 700.00 (if you couldn't resell it)?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:24 pm

Thogey wrote:Silver bounced up off 24 for the past couple hours. It's spiking again.

Hey Chris

It is the bottom line...Would you buy that ratty old thing for 700.00 (if you couldn't resell it)?

Nope...but it ain't always about the fish...it's the story and pursuit that makes that fish special......

you know what........scratch that garbage in the previous line.....show me the money and where are my fish sticks. :lol:

BTW....go silver go! $24
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Delawhere Jack » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:59 pm

Neckro wrote:BUT I JUST PUT ALL MY MONEY INTO T-BILLS!

Sucks to be you, eh... :D
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Postby Delawhere Jack » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:03 pm

Roadrunner wrote:$24! :D :D

I feel like jumping up and down!....on my not-nearly-big-enough pile of Ag.

No ones pile is ever big enough..... If only I had known "then" what I know now.... :cry:
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Postby aloneibreak » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:18 pm

world spot price is up 1.3% at the moment..
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals