What's up with these auctions?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

What's up with these auctions?

Postby PennyBoy » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:23 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180718231583?ss ... _500wt_949

Has anyone else noticed auctions similar to the one above? Lately I've seen a lot of auctions out of Australia where the seller posts a high value coin, and doesn't have any feedback or sales history. Has anyone won one of their auctions? Are these auctions legit? I'm going to guess they aren't based on the old saying "If it's too good to be true......" On the other hand, if they are legit, I wouldn't be surprised if the winning bidders kept the truth to themselves.
When people lose everything, and have nothing left to lose, they lose it.-Gerald Celente

My feedback: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8534

Happiness is the key to success.
PennyBoy
Penny Collector Member

Re: What's up with these auctions?

Postby schockergd » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:58 pm

There's a large counterfeit operation going out of China that's using Australia as a 3rd party to send the coins to the US.
schockergd
Penny Pincher Member

Postby highroller4321 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:03 pm

Red Flag #1 kuciiouiy ( Feedback Score Of 0 )

Red Flag #2 no formal certification, she was an antique dealer & knew her stuff

Red Flag #3 Item location: Middlesex, Queensland, Australia
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:35 pm

PennyBoy wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/180718231583?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_949

Has anyone else noticed auctions similar to the one above? Lately I've seen a lot of auctions out of Australia where the seller posts a high value coin, and doesn't have any feedback or sales history. Has anyone won one of their auctions? Are these auctions legit? I'm going to guess they aren't based on the old saying "If it's too good to be true......" On the other hand, if they are legit, I wouldn't be surprised if the winning bidders kept the truth to themselves.

and somebody bit! a guy with over 1100 stars...i mean you just look at that thing, and it looks wrong, 0% feedback? a furreign country?....my criteria for even bidding is 100-99.8% positive feedback, (and i get nervous with some 99.8'ers) as well as US sellers ONLY, period, end of sentence...and Penny, i only go for coins that say "United States of America" on them...you know that old saw, "if it sounds to good to be true"...etc etc......plus, the way i collect, i figure in a dollar down situation, i dont wanna fool with alternative currency...look what happened to them poor Liberty dollar folks, thanks for the tip bud.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals