Silver: The House Always Wins, Until Now

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver: The House Always Wins, Until Now

Postby Country » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:32 pm

Something has drastically changed in the silver market. The banks that once controlled the price of silver are now closing positions at a loss...Regardless of the actual reason the commercial shorts have begun to bleed money. And when blood spills, sharks will circle. Hedge funds and traders that never even thought of silver before will begin to squeeze the shorts. If the big banks don't quickly regain control of the silver market they may lose it forever.

While it can be speculated on how short covering could impact the market, a short squeeze could feed upon itself as it attracts capital. In five trading days of buying a net 3286 contracts, the price of silver rose by $1. However, the commercial banks are still a net 62,127 contracts short so at that linear rate it would take them 94 trading days to cover with a silver price of roughly $117. The resulting losses would be around $15 billion. Of course, markets aren't linear and after the second or third week of covering traders would begin to purposefully front run and squeeze the commercial shorts. So its unlikely that the positions could be covered that low or if at all. Unfortunately, those who were hoping for a correction to accumulate more silver may not get it here as a price reset may be on the horizon.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/229283-silver-the-house-always-wins-until-now

$117 SILVER - 90% coins at 83.7X face: SILVER dimes at $8.37, quarters at $20.93, and halves at only $41.85..... Would be nice, wouldn' it?? :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Re: Silver: The House Always Wins, Until Now

Postby misteroman » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:13 pm

if silver dimes were 8.37 each I might start thinking about cracking dime rolls!
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:19 pm

Time to pay off some debt at those #'s.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby TXBullion » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:36 pm

misteroman wrote:if silver dimes were 8.37 each I might start thinking about cracking dime rolls!

Definatly would have to be at least 20.00 each before i even think about ordering a box of dimes :lol:
TXBullion

Postby Neckro » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:45 pm

We could all wish
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

I just hope the price reset, whatever it might be, occurs without hyperinflation... so we can have some fun spending the sudden windfall 8-)
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby MO-SILVER! » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am

Yeah I was figuring what I would end up at with silver at $117.... Where would gold go with silver hitting those sort of numbers I wonder.
Formerly spartan_b88 on old forum.

"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" Matthew 16:26
MO-SILVER!
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Country » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:00 am

MO-SILVER! wrote:Yeah I was figuring what I would end up at with silver at $117.... Where would gold go with silver hitting those sort of numbers I wonder.

Since this move would be sort of a short squeeze for SILVER, GOLD would appreciate too. If SILVER got to $117, you could see a similar, although not as great, short squeeze in GOLD. I would guess that the GOLD/SILVER ratio should fall to around 20-40. At 30, that would give you $3500 GOLD as a good guess. :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:56 am

Been there before.. but it's been about 30 years. If you adjust for constant dollars it probably would not be far off the peak in 1980. At those levels the spread between spot and what you can really get in the marketplace tends to get pretty large. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Lemon Thrower » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:34 am

the hunt bros went broke when the house change the rules.

it will not be any different this time.

that is why you hold physical rather than the promise of a counterparty to a futures or options contract.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals