Royal Canadian Mint

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Royal Canadian Mint

Postby tractorman » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:01 pm

I have a 10-oz silver bar from the Royal Canadian Mint and I made a curiosity search on eBay. There's only 1 with a ridiculous BIN of $677. I'm hoping some of the Canadian folks here can help me out with some info. Is the RCM the same people who make the Maple Leaves (Leafs?). Are there many of these bars out there?
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Royal Canadian Mint

Postby jello_g » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:42 am

Yes, the RCM is the same organization that mints the maples. Yes, these bars are out there, they are not rare. That BIN of $677 you found is way out there, probably some seller hoping to snag a misinformed buyer.
jello_g
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Royal Canadian Mint

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:55 pm

I really love RCM's products. I don't have any bars, but I have many gold and silver maples. IMO, they are the most attractive/most pure bullion coins.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals