Toned vs untoned ASE

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Toned vs untoned ASE

Postby ed_vantage17 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:12 pm

Is there any value increase/decrease due to toning on an ASE or other recognized silver bullion coin? Seems the toned ones sell for a few $$$ less on eBay.
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Toned vs untoned ASE

Postby Market Harmony » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:51 pm

ed_vantage17 wrote:Is there any value increase/decrease due to toning on an ASE or other recognized silver bullion coin? Seems the toned ones sell for a few $$$ less on eBay.

It completely depends on the type of toning. Bright iridescent toning is preferred... think ROYGBIV. Spotted, black, brown toning is looked down upon.
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Re: Toned vs untoned ASE

Postby Beau » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:25 am

I bought a Silver Eagle toned at a coin show in Houston it is beautiful toning.
I gave 3 times the value of silver at the time.
I bought an air tight and display frame for it and put it in the frame at the show, I was offered a good price for it and turned it down.
I still have it in my safe deposit box.
the dealer that I bought it from had another one, but he wanted $1,000 for it.
I went back when I was leaving the show to see if he had any luck selling it, it was sold for $1,000 cash.
these 2 coins were natural toning.
there is a guy on ebay that sells toned coins, he gets a good premium for the coins.
just search toned coins on Ebay.

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals