Should I sell my War Nickels?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Should I sell my War Nickels?

Postby BOHICA » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:29 pm

Last year I bought 1100 silver War Nickels for under $10 a roll and I'm wondering if I should sell them now and use the money to buy 90%. Is it worth it to make the switch? Or should I just hold on to them?

APMEX is paying $21.58 per roll right now and fee-bay is getting even more.
BOHICA
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Should I sell my War Nickels?

Postby Country » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:51 pm

SILVER is hot right now!!! Trading the War Nicks for higher quality SILVER is a good idea. I think of War Nicks as a collector SILVER coin. As with any collector coin, 90% will be more acceptable during a crisis period. :)
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Thogey » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:52 pm

I sold mine at 18-19 spot and bought 90%.

Buy your 90% first finding your best deal and sell the nickles to cover your cost after.

MHO
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby MO-SILVER! » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:08 pm

Go to a coin store and see if you can get more toward a trade. I've had luck getting closer to spot trading 40%for 90 when you let them know that you're just trading..
Formerly spartan_b88 on old forum.

"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" Matthew 16:26
MO-SILVER!
Penny Pincher Member

Postby SteelCityCopper » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:15 pm

When it comes down to it, silver is silver. If you can find a deal, go for it.
Jason
- JPM doesn't determine our prices, the market does -
Steel City Copper
http://www.steelcitycopper.com
SteelCityCopper
Penny Pincher Member

Postby wagsthadog » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:32 pm

Hi there-

I'm a big fan of holding the best possible silver (90% imo) so yes, I think you should sell, but don't be too hasty. Shop around for a good price. With very little effort you can get $1 or a little over per nickel. Don't sell short just to move them.

Have you tried this forum?

wags
wagsthadog
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby aristobolus » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:05 am

Whatever you do, don't sell them on Ebay as only one lot. You will not get the same return as you would breaking them up. If you use Ebay, sell them in rolls; smaller investors will pay a premium at times for an affordable lot such as that. Also do not call them "War" nickels; this has a negative conotation, especially for women. Call them 35% Silver Nickels instead. Just my five cents worth.
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals