"Extra, Extra... Read All About It!"

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

"Extra, Extra... Read All About It!"

Postby beauanderos » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:58 pm

In the early days of newspapers, when newspapers were the primary method of delivering the news, when something big happened, the publisher would not only publish the normal daily paper, but would also publish an Extra. The newspapers were sold on the street, often by newsboys, who had a stack of papers and would sell them to walkers-by. When an Extra came out, they would chant "Extra! Extra! read all about it" to call attention to the fact that something big had happened, and an Extra paper had been published. Well, we aren't going to see the media publicizing these events, but there's an international currency war underway right now (is THIS WW#3?) and the victims are fiat currencies everywhere... and the victors shall be those who hold Silver and Gold. ImageSilver is up to $24.35 and Gold $1378.Image
How high can they go? How low can the dollar go? Got Silver? Got Gold?
Last edited by beauanderos on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: "Extra, Extra... Read All About It!"

Postby Thogey » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:05 pm

Dude,

Take it easy on the smiley cartoons. Really, they are getting pretty gross.

Funny ,but I'm afraid of where this is going.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby beauanderos » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:07 pm

Yes, that did show questionable taste. The dollar is in the toilet should suffice. Better?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Thogey » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:10 pm

Don't get all serious!

Put that crappin smiley back up. show us what you're made of.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals