Wife scored at the Coinstar today

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Wife scored at the Coinstar today

Postby Heartkill » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:46 pm

My wife stopped by the credit union today to pay her car note and noticed two elderly ladies dumping coins at the Coinstar in the lobby. Now I know I've educated her well, because she blew up my phone with a SILVER!!!!!!!!! text message at lunch time. She politely asked the first women if she had any rejected coins and if there were, could she buy them. Low and behold a '64 quarter appeared, and the women insisted that she take it. My wife offered to replace it with a dollar bill and even a nice, shiny clad quater :lol: but the woman kept refusing. Score one. She goes in to do her business and on the way back out, woman #2 is dumping and said "hey I have these dimes the machine won't take". Bam, '60 & '64 Roosevelts. Wife gave her the quarter, and reluctantly the woman took it, not wanting anything. So, next time you notice someone dumping some coin, strike up a little friendly conversation and see what's sitting in that reject tray. You never know what you might find. :mrgreen:
Heartkill
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals