Silver is flying...

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver is flying...

Postby balz » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:07 pm

+4.5%
balz
Penny Collector Member

Re: Silver is flying...

Postby pennypicker » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:34 pm

Its about time--let's see $40 again!
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:40 pm

Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:46 pm

What goes up must....?
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby TXBullion » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:06 pm

slickeast wrote:What goes up must....?

continue? :mrgreen: or crash, one or the other
TXBullion

Postby balz » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:12 pm

slickeast wrote:What goes up must....?

already went down big time and must go up again... ;)
balz
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:16 pm

Nice, time to see how my double long paper silver is doing.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Diggin4copper » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:39 pm

I could have told you guys it would rise... I sold some yesterday :cry:
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Ireland_925 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:49 pm

That time of year again. Ag has recently seen some decent gains from fall(ish) up through the holidays, and then some. So, hopefully, that trend will keep on going this year after the big (almost) 50 of this past year. I'm ready for the wild winter ride up after the wild summer ride down.

Disclaimer: I'm a Colts fan and I know have this new understanding that losing one key player can turn a whole game upside down, just sayin'. I now know why people root for silver to go down, it's like me rooting for the Rams to win so we have the best shot at the number one draft pick. To sum it all up, "it's completely f'd up but it makes sense". And that is my new football and silver quote to live by.

Cheers to the winter run up!
Ireland_925

Postby Thogey » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:53 pm

As f-ed as it is. This down turn was nice, I enjoyed it and spent about 10K on silver.

Now 3rd Q and property taxes are coming up and I'm broke.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby NHsorter » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:18 pm

Thogey wrote:As f-ed as it is. This down turn was nice, I enjoyed it and spent about 10K on silver.

Sounds like we are in a similar situation. I'm looking around here for stuff to unload (not PM's) so that I can cover the bills. I always have cash reserves and i am not a paycheck-to-paycheck kinda guy but man did I clean out my FRNs on this dip. I bought every deal I could find over the last couple weeks. But it looks like I ran out of cash just in time for a run up. If silver continues to pop than my timing was incredibly lucky on this dip. I'll eat a lot of ramen this week but I'll be smiling soon. :mrgreen: Cant say I would change a thing about my recent buys.

I still can't decide if I want it to go to 50 or 20! Guess it would be nice to touch 50, take some profit, then load up on another dip. I have been having a real lucky year and I am starting to feel greedy in a way like I am due to get bit. But i really think that even if we do snap under 30 again itnwill only be temporary. How can we go wrong right now? Anyway, it's nice to see it move away from the stale 30-31 that we have been experiencing. These big moves are getting to be fun in a way.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:50 am

Sold some last night......look for a brisk up-tic today.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:36 am

Thogey wrote:As f-ed as it is. This down turn was nice, I enjoyed it and spent about 10K on silver.

that IS terrible....hope you aint bunking out in the doghouse.....cry poor mouth and see if you can get on a "payment plan", but you're a all grown up man, you know what to do. Just try not to give up part of the new stack.

Cappy, i think 44 is a huge number, THATS the first down marker, trade north of there, and we're good to go.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:46 am

NHsorter wrote:

Sounds like we are in a similar situation. I'm looking around here for stuff to unload (not PM's) so that I can cover the bills. I always have cash reserves and i am not a paycheck-to-paycheck kinda guy but man did I clean out my FRNs on this dip. I bought every deal I could find over the last couple weeks. But it looks like I ran out of cash just in time for a run up. If silver continues to pop than my timing was incredibly lucky on this dip. I'll eat a lot of ramen this week but I'll be smiling soon. :mrgreen: Cant say I would change a thing about my recent buys.

I still can't decide if I want it to go to 50 or 20! Guess it would be nice to touch 50, take some profit, then load up on another dip. I have been having a real lucky year and I am starting to feel greedy in a way like I am due to get bit. But i really think that even if we do snap under 30 again itnwill only be temporary. How can we go wrong right now? Anyway, it's nice to see it move away from the stale 30-31 that we have been experiencing. These big moves are getting to be fun in a way.

NH, you're the scaring the S##T outta me, i've been hearing that same thing from everybody i know, loaded up big time on this last downdraft, and no more FRN's...the only thing that brings solace is stackers are a tiny slice of the population, and the other 99.75% of the general population spends FRN's lining up for the newest ipod, weeping over Steve Jobs, so we're probably good to go, but you really like big moves? know what? i wouldnt mind if this thing banded up between 30 to 40 for six months to a year, coz the longer the band, the bigger the POP, and the POP usually trades 3 times higher, so 35 times 3 equals 105. amen?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals