Now this is what I call a hoard!!!!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Now this is what I call a hoard!!!!

Postby Saabman » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:57 pm

Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Re: Now this is what I call a hoard!!!!

Postby ScottyTX » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Oh Wow!! I just got finished watching 5-6 episodes yesterday about these guys on TV. I've always had a interest in doing this but looks like to make any decent money you need a resale shop and sorts to get into it. I just keep thinking boy I bet there is one pissed off family right now that part/most of their inhertance was just given away......

Scotty
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Neckro » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:43 pm

People have been saying it's fake publicity. And the show is a hoax.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby tractorman » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:52 pm

If they were going to fake it for publicity wouldn't they put it on TV?
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:47 am

Much harder to fake if its all on video. This way it's more mysterious. Classic PR firm tactic.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:11 pm

So, exactly where would an old lady keep her PM stash? Under her bed? Safe deposit box? Trunk of her car?

No, a storage unit near full of old furniture and old clothing, one of a hundred full of old furniture and clothing, would work very well. As for her next of kin? From experience, some old women are just too much a pain in the neck to be around. "High maintenance" type people, for one reason or another. Everyone with a poisonous granny in the family tree should suck up to her on the off chance she has a couple hundred thousand stashed? No, the gamble is not worth the pain.

Come to think of it, though, lot's of people are going to die without near family to inherit over the next few decades. This sort of thing is going to become more common.

(I certainly would not have mentioned the PMs to anyone. Nope. "I dunno nuthen.")
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby knibloe » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:21 pm

[quote="Mossy"]So, exactly where would an old lady keep her PM stash? Under her bed? Safe deposit box? Trunk of her car?

My boss was a fire chief at one time. They reported to a garage fire. It was at the home of an older couple. Apparently the car caught fire shortly after they parked it in the garage.

They were able to get the car out of the garage and put it out w/o major damage to the house or garage. The car however, was a total loss and the couple was besides distraught. Apparently, they had their lifes saving of around 100K in the trunk.

I would not have mentioned the PM's either. What did it cost them?? $150 K in taxes?
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby BOHICA » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:06 pm

When I was on active duty in the military I was single util I was 33. Every time I deployed overseas I stored all of my stuff (guns, ammo, PMs, coins, books, etc.) in a storage place off base. Had I died during deployment someone would have made out like a bandit. :shock:
BOHICA
Penny Pincher Member

Postby beauanderos » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:14 pm

There are storage rental units that have alot higher security features (coded gate pass, security cameras, alarmed entry doors, dead bolts, and the ability to attach heavy duty padlocks) than what my apartment provides. There is no 100% perfect solution to storage issues. You could lose your money. But you guarantee it's loss via inflation or bank failure by leaving it in checking accts. :o
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Mossy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:35 pm

knibloe wrote: The car however, was a total loss and the couple was besides distraught. Apparently, they had their lifes saving of around 100K in the trunk.

Doing that would make my wealth a little too portable to suit me. Tickle the daylights out of a car thief, though.

knibloe wrote:I would not have mentioned the PM's either. What did it cost them?? $150 K in taxes?

Easily. However, I was thinking about thieves, spam, and con artists. And "friends" and relatives.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby exbingoaddict » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:59 pm

Figured a 10,000 banks are robbed for every storage unit raided. Perhaps that will change over time.
exbingoaddict
Penny Collector Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:29 pm

Like all 'reality tv', these shows are totally scripted, dramatized and utterly ridiculous. I've noticed that the sheeple seem to *need* these silly shows.

Don't waste your precious time watching tv... spend it doing something more constructive.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby exbingoaddict » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:14 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Like all 'reality tv', these shows are totally scripted, dramatized and utterly ridiculous. I've noticed that the sheeple seem to *need* these silly shows.

Don't waste your precious time watching tv... spend it doing something more constructive.

Don't go knocking all TV now. Steelers Football is a much needed break from life. :) When it comes to reality "TV" though, no thanks. I get enough reality from daily life.
exbingoaddict
Penny Collector Member

Postby Mossy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:14 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Like all 'reality tv', these shows are totally scripted, dramatized and utterly ridiculous. I've noticed that the sheeple seem to *need* these silly shows.

I lived through enough drama to suit me. Don't need any of what spoiled brats think is "exciting" or "interesting".
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm

The bad thing is.. I work in Contra Costa County.. and I do occasionally bid on storage units. Darn.. sure would have been nice if I had won this one. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals