Historically isn't Christmas time good for metals?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Historically isn't Christmas time good for metals?

Postby Pennysaved » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:55 am

Looks like we are getting a major dip today in precious metal prices.

A lot of you have probably been following the metal market longer than me.

From what I remember the last several years, it seems that December is always a good month for precious metals.

What is different about this year?
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Historically isn't Christmas time good for metals?

Postby beauanderos » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:10 am

The bullion banksers without fathers are intentionally, with malice aforethought, setting about through their manipulative efforts, to systematically destroy all technical expectations that anyone considering entry into precious metals positions might entertain as to give them a sense of direction. Seasonal strength means nothing in a rigged market. Only physical scarcity, resource depletion, will cause prices to undergo a sustained rally in this environment.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby hejira11 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:42 pm

I am still buying...and can get every year and type coin I want (mostly Kooks and U.S. Junks). I flat out don't see a shortage. I think the fundamentals will eventually lead to one, but I am guessing it will either take years to occur or the demand will have to dramatically increase...Like, perhaps, Iran being turned into a sheet of radioactive glass or the Euro collapsing.
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:57 am

hejira11 wrote:I am still buying...and can get every year and type coin I want (mostly Kooks and U.S. Junks). I flat out don't see a shortage. I think the fundamentals will eventually lead to one, but I am guessing it will either take years to occur or the demand will have to dramatically increase...Like, perhaps, Iran being turned into a sheet of radioactive glass or the Euro collapsing.

Yeah, I agree with you. It looks to me it will take years for PM's to "zoom to the moon". The FRN has to die first, and that is proving to be a long way off. The USA has many treaties that put US on the hook tax wise if European nations fail.

There is another scenario you may think about. That is China going on a gold/silver standard like they have historically done for thousands of years. They are buying up tons of the stuff and encouraging their citizens to do the same.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby pmbug » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:17 am

Pennysaved wrote:...
From what I remember the last several years, it seems that December is always a good month for precious metals.

What is different about this year?

MF Global for one. Indian demand for metals through their Diwali festival / end of year also dropped as the rupee fell sharply against the dollar (India is a significant component of global demand).
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao Tzu

You can find me ranting at clouds on pmbug.com.
pmbug
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals