Copper vs. Arthritis

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Copper vs. Arthritis

Postby GA-Silver » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:41 pm

Does anyone here use copper bracelets to ease their arthritis? Does it really work?
GA-Silver
Penny Collector Member

Re: Copper vs. Arthritis

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:15 pm

I've seen all of those ads and commercials about magnets. Not sure about copper....but looking at how much copper I hand sort, I should have -(negative) arthritus! But I don't....those couple of years of hitting the weights and then hitting the other folks on the field are catching up to me. My biggest enemy is..........STAIRS!!!!!!

If it works for ya......please post. I've got enough copper to make me a copper suit!
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby GA-Silver » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:43 am

My Dad has been wearing one for years and swears by it. He took it off once and started hurting until he started wearing it again.
GA-Silver
Penny Collector Member

Postby Merwanseth » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:52 pm

There are no magic bullets for arthritis and most other illnesses. Products like copper bracelets, magnets and other pills and potions that make their way through the infomercials may coincidentally help some people. Those whose symptoms are helped by these types of products may have specific mineral or electrolyte deficiencies because of lifestyle, habits or genetics. But just because someone describes an anecdotal "cure" for themselves does not mean that the product is going to help the next guy in the same way. Beware of anecdotal "cures", especially if someone is trying to sell something. My 30+ years of research as a health care provider (I'm a Chiropractor) has found that many arthritis diagnoses determine that a person whose body has arthritis symptoms is often biochemically in a state of acidosis. Acidosis often suggests that the person is chronically ingesting too many acid-forming foods and beverages. Thus, to at least begin to correct some arthritis symptoms, one should consider changing what they usually ingest in the way of food and beverages. This is a very simplistic explanation; obviously not covering all of the many different types of arthritis. Most people with arthritis symptoms should have tests early enough to help determine what might be beneficial for them to do in a preventative manner.
Merwanseth
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Thogey » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:12 pm

If you want to help arthritis. I mean really help.

Eat a can of sardines a day.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby adagirl » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:41 pm

I have heard that Zyflamend from New Chapter works relatively well for arthritis
adagirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:35 pm

lifting 50lb sacks of halves and 68lb boxes of cents causes the arthritis in my back to flare up.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby GA-Silver » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:21 pm

Perhaps copper aggravates arthritis then?
GA-Silver
Penny Collector Member

Postby Robarons » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:19 pm

Once again our good Friend Kurr needs to chime in on the topic

He used hand make copper bracelets and wears by the health benefits, including arthritis
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Postby rickygee » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:20 pm

Thogey wrote:If you want to help arthritis. I mean really help.

Eat a can of sardines a day.

Sardines for arthritis and joint health is sage advice. Just don't breathe on anyone! :lol:
rickygee
Penny Collector Member

Postby GA-Silver » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:14 pm

Well, after a week of wearing copper, I can honestly say that it has helped my arthritic knee. I stripped the plastic off a 220 wire and fashioned a copper hoop around my right ankle. It stays on 24/7. It may be only in my mind, but my knee doesn't hurt as bad.....
GA-Silver
Penny Collector Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:28 pm

I got a guy at work who is a real pain in the ass....now how can copper help me....?
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby GA-Silver » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:15 pm

Tell him you're gonna wire him with copper for 220.
GA-Silver
Penny Collector Member

Postby Mossy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:04 pm

The joint med glucosamine chondroitin is made from sea cucumber skins. The meat is used for "clam chowder" (makes better chowder than clams do) and the skins are boiled and salted or dried and mostly sent to China. We get about $10 a pound for them, a bit more than for the meat.

If cukes are locally available, split longways, hang from two close set nail points (spreads the load so the skin does not tear out) on a cutting board and scrape off the meat (both the long muscles and the muscles that go around). Save for chowder, clam cakes, etc. Boil the skins until they look like dog droppings then dry salt to pull the rest of the moisture out if you plan to store them.

Swallow whole if small enough, or grate and add to a sauce (necessary to make them palatable). I understand that the skins taste like cardboard, at best.

Believe me, you don't want to try to eat a half cooked skin. My(starving) chickens pecked one once and walked away from the one I tossed.

I heard something about people boiling smaller ones whole and swallowing them.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing