Completely cut off

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Completely cut off

Postby knibloe » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:01 pm

My bak has been bothering me for several weeks. I made the mistake of mentioning to my wife that I was going to pick up some bags tomorrow. She told me that I can't buy pennies tomorrow. "NO pennies, dimes, nickles, quarters, halves, no canadian, no nothing!!!"

I promised her that my back would be o.k. tomorrow, but she said "no"

I told her I out take the kids sled in and pull them out to the car. That way I wouldn't have to carry them. Still "no"

Last week my Zinc Slave (AKA son) was off school and I took him with me to work so we could swing by a bank on the way home. I didn't even ask if I could keep him home from school tomorrow.

Do you suppose that I could take enough donuts into the bank to convince the tellers to carry the bags out to the car for me? :)
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Re: Completely cut off

Postby fb101 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:09 pm

I sympathize....
How long for your back to get better?
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby pennypicker » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:29 pm

Your wife has only cut you off from obtaining coins. Had you been "completely" cut off as said in the post title then you would have a much bigger problem altogether. :lol:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:03 pm

My Zinc Slave (AKA son) :lol:

Now thats humor!
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby knibloe » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:50 am

fb101 wrote:I sympathize....
How long for your back to get better?

My back has been bothering me for about a month. I slipped at work. I have gone to the DR. twice, but he didn't do anything. I finally went to a chiropractor yesterday. He made some progress. Though it did not seem like it at the time. He said that a couple of adjustments over the next week should do the trick.

My son went with me to pick up halves last Friday. He thought it was cool that he got to go into the vault and get them.

Zincs have been piling up, but if my bak gets straightened out maybe I can get rid of them.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby fasteddy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:20 am

If you need a sled to move bags...I believe no amount of donuts will convince a teller to carry those bags. ;) I can sympathize with the back issues :( ....I have chronic and sometimes extreme acute pain...I keep the pain pills close by. A chiropractor will take some time....may get worse before it gets better be patient. Good Luck.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby newton7 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:39 am

At least it is the wife and not the bank cutting you off. I to have back issues and see my chiropractor each week. Its costly but better then throwing something out and being down for weeks and weeks.

Zinc Slave :) funny!

Get better and stay warm.
"It is only worth what someone will pay for it."

"Fly low, fly slow and don't make much noise."

my old feed back viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2348
newton7
Penny Pincher Member

Postby knibloe » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:46 pm

The wife travelled with me today. I actually did get one bag of pennies.

I'm glady everylikes the term "zinc slave." I did not coin it. It came from the old forum. I haven't seen it mentioned in a while. I figured that there were a fair number of the newer members who had not heard it yet.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby baggerman » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:52 pm

For those with back issues I sympathize as I have had back issues for 30+ years, sometimes to the point of not being able to walk for days at a time (I crawl on my hands and knees). I have seen more chiropractors, doctors and accupuncturists than I can count and have a steady supply of pain meds. About 3 years ago I bought an inversion table and it has done wonders but sometimes it does hurt like hell to hang in it at about a 30 degree angle.
baggerman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:47 pm

knibloe wrote:I told her I out take the kids sled in and pull them out to the car. That way I wouldn't have to carry them. Still "no"

Last week my Zinc Slave (AKA son) was off school and I took him with me to work so we could swing by a bank on the way home. I didn't even ask if I could keep him home from school tomorrow.
)

You kept you kid out of government school for bank runs??! :o Now, I can see keeping your son out of school for important things, like deer hunting and running moonshine whiskey, but just to have him tote bags of coins to the car??! Dude, you are setting a bad example to your son! Before you know it, he will start thinking for himself! He may even learn that coins can be profitable! Who knows? Maybe someday he will be rebellious enough to even go into business for himself and learn about profits and losses! What the hell are you trying to do? Make another Sam Walton? Or, an Eric Sprott?? :mrgreen:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby knibloe » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:15 pm

knibloe wrote:The wife travelled with me today. I actually did get one bag of pennies.

I'm glady everylikes the term "zinc slave." I did not coin it. It came from the old forum. I haven't seen it mentioned in a while. I figured that there were a fair number of the newer members who had not heard it yet.

Please excuse the horrible post above. My keyboard is giving me problems.

Also, for the record, my son was still on Christmas Vacation. Oh, I'm sorry I can't say Christmas. I think they call it winter recess now.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:38 am

knibloe wrote:
knibloe wrote:The wife travelled with me today. I actually did get one bag of pennies.

Please excuse the horrible post above. My keyboard is giving me problems.

Also, for the record, my son was still on Christmas Vacation. Oh, I'm sorry I can't say Christmas. I think they call it winter recess now.

I was just trying to be funny. No offense intended. There are many lessons a father can teach a son that will impact them for the rest of their lives. Sound money is one of them and he will never hear a word about it in the gov school. ;)
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby CU Baker » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:40 pm

This is brings to mind a new coin term; The Double WAM: Cut off at the bank and at home :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Marriage is grand, divorce is a hundred grand!
CU Baker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:04 pm

CU Baker wrote:This is brings to mind a new coin term; The Double WAM: Cut off at the bank and at home :twisted: :lol: :lol:

:o :lol:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Doctor Steuss » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:01 pm

knibloe wrote:Do you suppose that I could take enough donuts into the bank to convince the tellers to carry the bags out to the car for me? :)

Unless they have a company security policy that prevents employees from following anyone to their car in the parking lot, they should do it no problem. I've been offered help carrying coins out to my car quite a few times at branches (granted they were smaller CU Credit Union branches).
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby knibloe » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:18 am

Doctor Steuss wrote:
knibloe wrote:Do you suppose that I could take enough donuts into the bank to convince the tellers to carry the bags out to the car for me? :)

Unless they have a company security policy that prevents employees from following anyone to their car in the parking lot, they should do it no problem. I've been offered help carrying coins out to my car quite a few times at branches (granted they were smaller CU Credit Union branches).

It is a small branch and one time in the past they did help me carry out the coins., but I had just bought $5600 in change and they had a young male teller working then.

I would not even consider asking the women to help with my hobby. If I cannot do it, I would not impose it on others. That is exceot for my sons. I believe that they have an obligation to help with things so long as they are beings supported by me.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby penny pretty » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:56 pm

cut off? the rare 1987"bobbit" penny? OUCH!
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing