How would you handle a cancelled silver sale on ebay?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

How would you handle a cancelled silver sale on ebay?

Postby Pennysaved » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:45 pm

I won an acution on ebay for 10 lbs of foreign coins and 10 silver dimes.

I got quite a deal I have to admit; I won the auction for $61 and $15 shipping; It was guaranteed to have 4 british silver coins, 6.5 face in euros, etc

So this guy emails me last week cancelling my order and gave me a refund and saying he was in a car accident and my coins were all over the interstate.

Now I notice he has new foreign coin lots with 2 silver dimes each.

To say the least, I am a little livid because I dont think he is being 100% honest with me.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: How would you handle a cancelled silver sale on ebay?

Postby Pennysaved » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:55 pm

Here is the email I got:
Note:
We had an accident with our car two days ago ,my wife broke her arm but otherwise ok your package is all over I26 .I am soo sorry for the inconvience I actually had forgoteen it was in the car until we went to shop to total it out some coins were ojn flo

But today I notice all these 5 lb foreign lots with 2 silver dimes

seems questionable to me
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby theshoenlebens » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:56 pm

I wouldn't be happy either. I didn't know the seller could just say "no sale" and refund your money. Really isn't an auction that is it? :evil:
If it was me, I would probably call ebay and tell them the situation. It's not going to do you any good but at least they will be aware that something shady might be going on.

Chris
theshoenlebens
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NHsorter » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:00 pm

He deserves negative feedback at a minimum. That would really piss me off! I have sold some stuff on eBay for less than I expected and some stuff went way higher than anticipated. Gotta take the good with the bad. Gotta accept the risk for the occasional reward. This guy is an unreliable seller and should be called out as one.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Corsair » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:04 pm

Give him a negative feedback. That's about all you can do. This has happened to me before, when sellers don't like the final price they got for a coin lot.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby PennysaverCP » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:31 pm

Definately post negative feedback.
PennysaverCP
Penny Collector Member

Postby MUTiger » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:32 pm

Corsair wrote:Give him a negative feedback. That's about all you can do. This has happened to me before, when sellers don't like the final price they got for a coin lot.

+1

Hopefully he already gave you a positive feedback so he cannot tarnish your record for holding up your part of the sale.

mutiger
MUTiger
Penny Collector Member

Postby Corsair » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:38 pm

mutiger wrote:
Corsair wrote:Give him a negative feedback. That's about all you can do. This has happened to me before, when sellers don't like the final price they got for a coin lot.

+1

Hopefully he already gave you a positive feedback so he cannot tarnish your record for holding up your part of the sale.

mutiger

eBay is really intelligent. They force all sellers to either not give feedback to buyers, or give them positive feedback. Kinda dumb if you ask me. :?
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby knibloe » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:02 pm

I would give negative feed back and include the fact that he relisted the item.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby nero12345 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:49 pm

This is bull%&#@! definetly report him to ebay. I had this happen a few weeks ago here on realcent where i guy backed out on a deal, he was the buyer, saying his car got in an accident and he didn't know how much damage was done and couldn't pay. A deal over $1000 to make it worse. You can't prove nothing, which may be the worst part, just grin and bear it. but at least on ebay you can report him. I'd be pissed too, i feel ya bud. Put his name up on here so we know who he is.
Silver and Gold
•It does nothing – but it hides no mistakes.
•It holds no press conferences – but it tells no lies.
•It makes no promises – and never delivers less.
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Postby NHsorter » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:00 pm

knibloe wrote:I would give negative feed back and include the fact that he relisted the item.

+1 - good idea to warn others in the future about what this guy might try to pull.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Pennysaved » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:45 pm

This is the response I got after the negative feedback:

Oh my god,I cannot believe you left me negative feedback after I explained what had happened???I buy and sell coins on here all the time have many many many silver coins that i include so i can buy more(my wife gives me an allowance)save the canadain and re-sell the rest I did not and have never done anything to violate both ebay's or any clients trust.As a public servant my morals and ethicas are untouchable.I am incensed about this malicious attack and would like it removed immediately

If he has so many coins, why can't he fill my order then? That is what I would have offered 1st.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Pennysaved » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:49 pm

By the way, I was'nt being malicious. I actually contacted ebay customer service before I did anything. They actually recommended I leave the negative feedback.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby TXBullion » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:55 pm

Pennysaved wrote:This is the response I got after the negative feedback:

Oh my god,I cannot believe you left me negative feedback after I explained what had happened???I buy and sell coins on here all the time have many many many silver coins that i include so i can buy more(my wife gives me an allowance)save the canadain and re-sell the rest I did not and have never done anything to violate both ebay's or any clients trust.As a public servant my morals and ethicas are untouchable.I am incensed about this malicious attack and would like it removed immediately

If he has so many coins, why can't he fill my order then? That is what I would have offered 1st.

you can ask him to fill the order with something comparable if he would like your retraction......
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Thogey » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:08 pm

That's some funny [shucks] right here.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby theo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Pennysaved wrote:By the way, I was'nt being malicious. I actually contacted ebay customer service before I did anything. They actually recommended I leave the negative feedback.

"As a public servant my morals and ethicas are untouchable. . . " Thats actually pretty funny. However someone should explain to Elliot Ness that he had contract with you and is legally obligated (forget morals and ethicas) to replace your coins if possible.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Beau » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:38 pm

Thogey wrote:

That's some funny [shucks] right here.

malicious attack and would like it removed immediately !
yea mr. Obummer.
I will get right on it you @#!%&@!

THAT IS SOME FUNNY STUFF I DON`T CARE WHO YOU ARE !
Larry the Cable Guy

I would take no replacement from this guy you will get nothing good if you do.
burn him and let that be it. that will save someone else later.

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby njoElec » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:48 pm

What a cornflake! I'd keep the negative feedback where it belongs! Sorry you had to deal with a corrupt seller, man.
njoElec
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Pennysaved » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:51 pm

I dont think he is going to work with me.

He is pretty much now calling me a liar and that ebay customer service would never tell me to leave negative feedback

He is going to contact ebay to have them remove my negative feedback.

The joys of dealing with ebay :( Glad we have honest people on here to deal with :)
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby JerrySpringer » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:48 am

Pennysaved wrote:I dont think he is going to work with me.

He is pretty much now calling me a liar and that ebay customer service would never tell me to leave negative feedback

He is going to contact ebay to have them remove my negative feedback.

The joys of dealing with ebay :( Glad we have honest people on here to deal with :)

Ask him to show you the police report and then you will retract the negative. If he says he can not get a police report and/or he tells you to GTH , tell him you are sorry if there was an accident but you both were conducting business and he must understand that Ebay is not for wannabes.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:05 am

Oh, Gawd, I would never have printed that in a lifetime! Guess I am old fashioned. Pennysaved, tell him you now realize his wife is in charge. Stick to your guns. Tell him you need to speak to the real decision maker.

Have the wife contact you and you can "dicker" over the coins. :mrgreen:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby theshoenlebens » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:27 am

Have the wife contact you and you can "dicker" over the coins.

:D :D :D :D :D :D
theshoenlebens
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NHsorter » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:00 am

What is his eBay user name? This guy sounds like a champ. I would like to avoid him in the future. I am also interested in finding out if he ends up managing to get your feedback removed. That would be a big strike against eBay in my book.
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby strikeaxe » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:48 am

I had the same thing happen to me on a $2500.00 plus sale. I paid instantly with feepal and magically the coins became unavailable lost em errr something like that. I didn't leave neg feedback because I'm sure that he would have left me neg feedback. I hate feebay it is a shame the ruined a good idea with sh*%^#ty service.
America has become the NO DEPOSIT NO RETURN country.
strikeaxe
Penny Sorter Member

Postby SilverStateGOP » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:35 pm

strikeaxe wrote:I had the same thing happen to me on a $2500.00 plus sale. I paid instantly with feepal and magically the coins became unavailable lost em errr something like that. I didn't leave neg feedback because I'm sure that he would have left me neg feedback. I hate feebay it is a shame the ruined a good idea with sh*%^#ty service.

For that much $ it seems a secure bet you got on PP and complained rigorously. BTDT but with far less, and at the end of the day did get refunded to the card.

ebay went downhill IMO after they let people auction off Columbia wreckage in violation of about half a dozen federal laws and nothing happened to them.

Buy bullion there? (/maniacal laugh)

I got too well toasted by them for the copper I got. I will admit loitering around the edges waiting for mistakes to manifest, but then there are enough stackers out there also lurking.

IF another auction site, using ebay software and better ethical controls, ever pops up, they better be prepared to be flooded. The folks that have only dealt with Ebay out of lack of alternatives, and every cheat on Ebay that would seek to expand into new territory, will come at full speed.

SSGOP

GOPSilverState@centurylink.net
SilverStateGOP
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals