Gold Bugs

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Gold Bugs

Postby knibloe » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:49 am

I was reading someones post about Sprott being the ultimate silver bug. It reminded me of an electron microscope class that I took in high school.

In order to "look" at the items with the electron microscope we had to gold plate them. I used to have a gold plated fly somewhere. :D Other members of the class did avaious other bugs and items. I cannot remember any of them.

I have no idea where it went. I bet if I were to take the class again today. We would not get to take the samples home with us.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Re: Gold Bugs

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:12 pm

Cool, gold plated bugs would definitely sell for big money on e-bay!!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby uthminsta » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:53 pm

You gotta find it and put it in next month's KSA!!!
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby twentybux » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:02 pm

uthminsta wrote:You gotta find it and put it in next month's KSA!!!

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. :D
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby knibloe » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:12 pm

I doubt if i still have it. I haven't seen it in 20 years.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals