skunked on my first box of dimes

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

skunked on my first box of dimes

Postby madman326 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:06 pm

i was teased by the 2 canadians i found in my first box of dimes. they were both pre 2000, so i got some nickel now i guess. lol.
anyone have preference between dimes, quarters, or halves? i have heard quarters are hardest to find. whats a box of halves cost?
thanks.
madman326
Penny Collector Member

Re: skunked on my first box of dimes

Postby Chief » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:28 pm

Half boxes usually are $500. I like dimes because they are consistent (1.5-2 per $250 box). Seems like silver dimes are often overlooked by the general public. I like halves because you can strike it big with a nice box, but halves are usually hit and miss. Quarters are tough, but my last two boxes (pickup bank didn't have my other box of halves, each time) have both produced one each. I say get some dimes and some halves. That way you should be able to find at least a little. If you are persistent in searching, week after week, you will soon have a small stash of silver pulled from circulation at face value. Good luck! :)
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: skunked on my first box of dimes

Postby coinwolf » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:30 pm

like doing dimes also (usually get at least 1) but also like halves also because like chief said you can hit a silver vein every now and then!
coinwolf
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals