Bulk bags getting slow

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Bulk bags getting slow

Postby reddirtcoins » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Well seems more and more these days that picking up bags is getting a little hard to do. Always seems like I just miss them and brinks or loomis gets to them first. For some reason more and more banks just want them out of the vault. So I have made arrangements at 2 banks for $400 per order for awhile... Hopefully I don't start getting new boxes. I also kind of hate to do it this way since it takes more time but, maybe a wall of pennies in my garage will look cool... :mrgreen:
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Bulk bags getting slow

Postby knibloe » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:31 am

The bank where I get my bags has a regular Loomis pick up every Thursday. One thursday I got there just in time to see the truck pulling out. Since then I have made an effort to get there on Wednesday afternoon. Also, If I can't go Wed I call them and say I am coming in on Thursday and they hold them for me.

I know that they like to sell to me because I don't charge them to haul them away.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Re: Bulk bags getting slow

Postby galenrog » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:13 am

Knibloe is right. If you are going to be a regular attraction at any bank branch, you have got to ask when they get rid of their bags and be there the day before.
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing