I found one

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

I found one

Postby robroy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:47 pm

I was sorting some pennies this evening and I got so happy that I found one. When I came across this I thought that I had found my first planchett. I couldn't feel anything this this thing was so slick that my fingers just flew right across the face of it. As I sort, I have a lighted magnifying glass just so I can see details and on this I so no detail whatsoever. I was so excited then I looked closer and realized that what I was looking at was a biege piece of plastic that was included by Brinks just to give me a heart attack of anticipation. When I realized what it was I counted the entire roll twice just to make sure. This is their revenge for at least on five seperat occassions of including one dime with 49 pennies.

Even so, I don't think this was fair of them to get my hopes up through their revenge plot. Do you think that I can run this through a coin counter and have it counted as a penny.
Don't look back. Something may be gaining on you.

Neither a penny or a nickel is worth face value anymore.

I'm just a poor wayfaring stranger.
robroy
Penny Pincher Member

Re: I found one

Postby tractorman » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:49 pm

Brinks can be downright sinister. :twisted:
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby robroy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:51 pm

Happened to you too huh?
Don't look back. Something may be gaining on you.

Neither a penny or a nickel is worth face value anymore.

I'm just a poor wayfaring stranger.
robroy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:50 am

robroy wrote:I was sorting some pennies this evening and I got so happy that I found one. When I came across this I thought that I had found my first planchett. I couldn't feel anything this this thing was so slick that my fingers just flew right across the face of it. As I sort, I have a lighted magnifying glass just so I can see details and on this I so no detail whatsoever. I was so excited then I looked closer and realized that what I was looking at was a biege piece of plastic that was included by Brinks just to give me a heart attack of anticipation. When I realized what it was I counted the entire roll twice just to make sure. This is their revenge for at least on five seperat occassions of including one dime with 49 pennies.

Even so, I don't think this was fair of them to get my hopes up through their revenge plot. Do you think that I can run this through a coin counter and have it counted as a penny.

I've tossed back a few plastic pennies, a dime, and a nickel. All were accepted! :D

It's only fair! I paid for them! :D
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing