I was "F'd" by Bank of America

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: I was "F'd" by Bank of America

Postby Engineer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:03 am

Leaving a message for the manager that you want to withdraw your account in cash, and asking for an availability date should make him $#!+ his pants a little. That big of a withdrawal is enough to keep them from making nearly a million dollars in loans.

As others have said, your 90K means nothing to BofA as a whole, but on a branch level it could cost the manager his bonus. If he doesn't want to pucker up a little to keep your business, take it elsewhere.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby mishra142 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:38 am

I had a similar experience with Wes banco in my area. I was contacted by a representive from the bank and told I am using the coin machine to much. I was told it wasn't designed for commercial use. I told them multiple times i feel I have enough in accounts to justify me using the machine. (similar amount around 90k) And I threatened to close my accounts if I couldn't use the machine. They called me last week and said I could no longer use the machines at any of their locations. So immediately went and closed my account asked for cash, of course they couldn't provide me with that much cash. I inquired about depositing pre counted bags still waiting on a reply. Mean while I opened accounts else where and spoke to the branch manager before hand to be sure we had an understanding of how much coin I was going to bring in
old feedback link:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10854
mishra142
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby PMLurker » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:27 am

There are reasons why banks are tightening down now. Anyone heard of the Volcker Rule?

In the past banks have made money lending out their deposit base. But the Volcker Rule is changing that as it will not allow banks to invest depositors money. It doesn't matter if you have 1k, 90k or more in the bank, they will not able to do much with it.

The way banks will make money in the future are through fee based services. Banks are a business and have a right to try to make money.

If you want to get on good terms with your bank, they need to make money off you with their fee based services. Some ways banks make money are from customers using debit cards, credit cards, buying money orders or visa gift cards, wire transfers, credit card processing services, auto or home loans, stock trading commissions, etc.

If you're not a profitable customer with them, they are not going to go out of their way to help you. I think the 10c/roll fee is more or less a way to try and get you to stop buying coins -- they will cut you off eventually unless they see you as a profitable customer.

Read up on the Volcker rule if you haven't already.
PMLurker
Penny Sorter Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:11 am

When you do switch, ask for the 90k in cent boxes. And make sure to film their reaction. 3600 boxes outta set up up for a while on the Ryedale.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby mishra142 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:05 am

Lol. I plan on converting them to a supply bank hopefully. I still have my personal checking there. We will see how that goes.
old feedback link:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10854
mishra142
Penny Hoarding Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing