You can't trust anyone and stay safe.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: You can't trust anyone and stay safe.

Postby coinwolf » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:21 pm

Thogey wrote:
aloneibreak wrote:
OX6603 wrote:If you have something worth taking you need to be prepared to defend it. Sadly, the definition of "worth taking" is pretty open. People get killed for their shoes. Don't be a sheep among wolves, be a sheepdog.

i dont have a whole lot to defend, but i carry at all times - even when relaxing in my recliner

some call it paranoid - i call it smart :)

I'm the same way but...all someone has to do is snatch my precious boy playing in the street.

They will own may a$$. :cry:

I agree if some one or something got my little girl I would be at there mercy, but REVENGE is a hell of a thing! :twisted:
coinwolf
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby aloneibreak » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:24 pm

coinwolf wrote:
Thogey wrote:
I'm the same way but...all someone has to do is snatch my precious boy playing in the street.

They will own may a$$. :cry:

I agree if some one or something got my little girl I would be at there mercy, but REVENGE is a hell of a thing! :twisted:

yea like kevin bacon in that movie Death Sentence... :twisted:
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby coinwolf » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:26 pm

I'd have to use my hatchet since I lost my firearms in the ocean though (might be a little gory)!
coinwolf
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Engineer » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby reddirtcoins » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:46 pm

SDA... Baby..

Carry at home and always will...
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby twentybux » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:10 am

slickeast wrote:These are things to consider IF i ever were to own any precious metals.

I keep mine at the local coin show. I just go there and look at the stuff from time to time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I pick it up, admire it, and hand it back to the curator.

......ahhhh news just in. I was informed that the stuff at the coin show IS NOT mine and they are not curators, they are coin dealers. Well that just shattered my dream.

Dang, Slick. You just burst my bubble. I was feeling really rich before you posted. :lol: Darn coin shows. Guess they are nothing more than a ruse after all. :D
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 0000PaleHorse0000 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:17 am

There is no doubt that someone knew that family very well. They had to know when they were home and where their stash/safe was. This is exactly why I never discuss this with any of my neighbors or anyone I don't consider family, and even my family just knows that I enjoy the hobby of casually collecting. I would never let them know what and how much I have. "Loose lips sink ships".

Safety Deposit Boxes are alright IMHO. I personally would never have one simply because I don't want something to happen that would prevent me from getting to my SDB. The problem I have with home safes is the fact that it's the first thing that someone is going to look for if you have one. Unless the safe is heavily anchored to the foundation, now all they have to do is pick it up and walk right out with it ( Unless it weighs a ridiculous amount where two people can't lift it.), and all your guns, pms, family documents are gone. This happened to a good friend of mine that I used to work with. His ex wife went pyscho and got her boyfriend and another guy and they went and raided his house. They were able to pick up the 20 gun safe and made off with it. The only thing I really love about a safe however, is the fact that most are fireproof and for the most part, keeps the unmotivated thief away.

Really, I've learned to keep things in places that no one would ever think of finding anything like that, especially (God forbid) it was during a home invasion. I know a guy that made a gun safe out of a old refrigerator. He just modified it to have a little extra protection on the inside and so it could lock/unlock from behind (don't ask me how he did it.). The point of the story, who would go look in the fridge for guns or pms? Not any thief I can think of, unless he got really thirsty carrying out a safe full of nickels, lol.
"I looked, and there was a pale horse! Its rider's name was Death, and Hades followed him."
0000PaleHorse0000

Postby nero12345 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:04 pm

The only problem with this is they aren't fire or water proof but this is what my parents saved their silver and gold in and what i do with some of mine as well. Unless the theifs stoned and looking for munch then he's never gonna take this :shock: (thats my stoned impression). Also you can store about 40 Ounces in each easily. i agree though loose lips sink ships. i tell very few people at all what i do and always tell them that the silver and gold go straight into my safety deposit box. Family first always, protect what ya love.
Attachments
hotchoc2.jpg
hotchoc2.jpg (19.87 KiB) Viewed 242 times
hotchoc.jpg
hotchoc.jpg (20.37 KiB) Viewed 242 times
Silver and Gold
•It does nothing – but it hides no mistakes.
•It holds no press conferences – but it tells no lies.
•It makes no promises – and never delivers less.
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Postby 0000PaleHorse0000 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Now that's exactly what I am talking about! Gotta stay under a thief's radar.
"I looked, and there was a pale horse! Its rider's name was Death, and Hades followed him."
0000PaleHorse0000

Postby fansubs_ca » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:55 am

coinwolf wrote:all my silver, gold and firearms were lost in the Atlantic ocean the other day while deep sea fishing at the Big Rock!

No wonder I'm a fan of subs! ;)

Though all that's at the bottom of my local rivers and lakes are a few thousand cell phones.
People around here are clumsy with their electronics! :-o
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Pennybug » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:41 pm

I error on the side of having the individuals that know I stack... also know that I pack. :twisted:
Pennybug
Penny Collector Member

Postby everything » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:51 pm

Packing around the house is not a bad idea which I am getting on board with, home invasions can be very bad, and they may literally beat you within an inch of your life figuring eventually you'll give up some kind of loot wether you have any or not.

Absolutely nothing wrong with excercising 2nd amendment rights, since the criminals do it freely.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby nero12345 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:16 pm

Just read that there was 5 arrest's made in this triple murder. If they got the right guys, hope they don't see the light of day again. Good riddance
Silver and Gold
•It does nothing – but it hides no mistakes.
•It holds no press conferences – but it tells no lies.
•It makes no promises – and never delivers less.
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals