At this rate silver will be at $0 in a month

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

At this rate silver will be at $0 in a month

Postby slickeast » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:54 am

Silver down 73 cents yesterday and already down 74 cent this morning. A few more weeks of this and silver wil be at $0
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: At this rate silver will be at $0 in a month

Postby Engineer » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:05 am

Time to start buying...falling silver knives just feel so good! :lol:

On a side note, the DOW is trying to tank, and take PMs with it. As much as I hate Buffet's stance on PMs, his advice to buy when there's blood in the streets is sound.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Investin Cents » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:07 am

Silver down .83 as I type & Gold under 1690. Some kind of serious attempt at a takedown overseas it looks like. Appears to be the 2nd punch in a one-two punch. Nearing some serious resistance or support levels according to TF Metals. Get ready to back up the truck! BTFD! :D
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." - JFK - 1962

Current book: American Values - RFK Jr.; Favorite website (other than Realcent): Zerohedge.com; Favorite metals in order: Ag, Au, Pt, CuZn, CuZnSn, Cu, Ni, Al, CuNi and of course Pb encased in Cu [in various forms and sizes :)]
Investin Cents
Penny Pincher Member

Postby misteroman » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:08 am

Pleeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeee
misteroman

Postby Double3 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:32 am

:lol: :lol:

I'm waiting for negatives!

Someone will pay me to take it.
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby DebtFreeMe » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:48 am

Anyone know when the majority of shorted option positions will close out so that we can get back to the real market price?

Of course I need to buy some more silver before it goes back up...
DebtFreeMe
Penny Collector Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:06 am

I think those were for April... Not sure but that is what I think I read.. JPM and the rest of the gang..
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Country » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:51 am

Think back to where we were a 3 years ago. We would be drolling then at the possibililty of $33 SILVER. Fast forward 3 years from now when PMs will be much, much higher priced in dollars. Would you be kicking yourself for not buying at the low price of $33 ?

IT'S A BULL MARKET IN PMs - BUY THE DIPS... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby tractorman » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:07 am

The paper takedowns create a buying opportunity for us stackers of the physical! Keep loading up, keep the physical metal in the strong hands!!!
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Market Harmony » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:41 am

Anybody want to sell to me? :D
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby AGCoinHunter » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:44 am

MH was about to say the same thing. Silver is on sale, whos selling?
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JobIII » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:55 am

I don't think what we are seeing in the markets this week are really all that crazy. China one of the largest nations projected a slower growth rate for 2012, and there's still EU and middle east concerns. The Dow, S&P and NAS are all still positive on the year and are riding close to 3 year highs.

Also PM prices are going down sharply. I can't see this as a sign of major economic problems. I'd love to see silver drop below $30 again. That would be good for most of you as well. Just means more silver for your dollars.

~JobIII
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:06 pm

Not really a big drop as I see it. Silver was at $27 not too long ago and then it worked it's way back to $35. Now its heading downward again. For a couple months now its been moving up and down between $30 and $35. I'll just stick with my same buying philoshopy: just be patient and buy when it drops below $32. When it goes above $32 just hang on to your FRN's, be patient and wait for it to drop again--it always does! :D
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NHsorter » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:51 pm

I am waiting for more of a drop before I do any real buying. I bet we get under $30 again here in short order.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:03 pm

NHsorter wrote:I am waiting for more of a drop before I do any real buying. I bet we get under $30 again here in short order.

I don't think so. I just bought 200 ounces at $32.60
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Country » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:35 pm

Bought some more CEF at $21.89. :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby kidman232 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:47 pm

hope to stop the bleeding soon and the slow tick back up
never enough silver
kidman232
Penny Collector Member

Postby NDFarmer » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:55 pm

slickeast wrote:Silver down 73 cents yesterday and already down 74 cent this morning. A few more weeks of this and silver wil be at $0

Fine with me the lower it goes the more I can buy.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:59 pm

NDFarmer wrote:
slickeast wrote:Silver down 73 cents yesterday and already down 74 cent this morning. A few more weeks of this and silver wil be at $0

Fine with me the lower it goes the more I can buy.

The lower it's driven, the faster it runs out. Those idiots haven't figured this out yet. You don't fool with Mother Nature.

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby JobIII » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:02 pm

NDFarmer wrote: Fine with me the lower it goes the more I can buy.

I think this is the right POV.
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby jesse1111 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:35 pm

Yeah time for me to buy is closer to 30 than 40.
An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.
jesse1111
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Ireland_925 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:58 pm

I don't know... silver can't even get close to 40 right now, let alone 50+. I wouldn't make any huge bullish predictions at this point, we are on the downward slope of a very big mountain at this point. If it drops below 30 this time, I'll be surprised if it gets back to 35. This is just an opinion, of course. Just be careful at this point, there are bigger fish to fry for those who throw the big money around.

JMHO: Never look at what an investment has done over the past three years and assume that it will do that over the next three years, regardless of what anyone says. That is foolish.
Ireland_925

Postby Cu Lung » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:42 am

Silver going down is of course a great thing as we all know it will get back on it's feet, though can we once again support wack ass over spot fees charged by those dealers??
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Cu Lung
Penny Pincher Member

Postby fansubs_ca » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:40 am

Well it may be available free at places in the universe, but the shipping would be a killer. ;)

http://www.howstuffworks.com/asteroid-mining.htm

Everything said considering the movement in the past few months even this is a relatively
small move, you just need to look at a longer chart from further out and it starts to get
hard to pick out. Though at $0 I could afford infinite ounces, hell at $3/lb redoing the
house wiring with silver wire would start to look like a good idea. :D (More conductive
than copper. ;) )

Don't count on extrapolating the current trend too much:

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2398#comic
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Engineer » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:55 am

If you look at the chart for the last couple days, you'll notice that silver tends to either get pushed up or down at certain times, but the pattern is pretty much the same from day to day...except when they decide to flip it upside down. Today looks like it could be one of those days.

silver.gif
silver.gif (15.58 KiB) Viewed 334 times
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals