Are you looking for a bank with a lobby counter?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Are you looking for a bank with a lobby counter?

Postby RichardPenny43 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:06 pm

I dump my pennies at a bank that has a Cummins lobby counter. Yesterday I went to their web site, http://www.cumminsallison.com/us/en, to see what I could learn about their machine. I found the counter that I use is named the "Money Machine". After checking the site out for awhile I decided to send them an email. In the message I asked if they could send me a list of machines in my area, possibly a nationwide list to share with all of you. Today I got a phone call from the local sales rep. and after reassuring him about ten times that I don't dump half dollars he loosened up (he said half dollars tear the machine up). He named at least a half dozen banks within five miles of me that have the "Money Machine", and another dozen or so within fifteen miles of me that I know I drive by when I'm working. So I suggest that anyone looking for a bank with a lobby counter to go to their web site and send them an email. If you do sort half dollars, Do Not Say So!, just say pennies.
I hope this helps some of you,
Good luck!

Edit: Added link
Last edited by RichardPenny43 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Are you looking for a bank with a lobby counter?

Postby henrysmedford » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:30 pm

They are the fastest!!!

henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby everything » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:27 am

That's the one I've been wearing out, and I'm going to miss it. The belt that runs the wheel gets worn, I can't dump $1000 worth of halves in at a time, now I have to gently feed them in, or it will just stop turning and I have to dig some out to get it going again. Incredibly reliable machine, everything is faster about the older model vs. any of the newer more computerized units that have some kind of computer operating system built into them. But, for zinc dumpers, the newer ones I've seen have double bags which is kind of nice.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby twentybux » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:11 pm

Great info! Thanks!
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Numis Pam » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:10 pm

+1
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby MetalJunkie » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:25 pm

In Canada at BMO banks they have the new cummins machine and its pretty fast...just seems to fill up to soon :D
MetalJunkie

Postby highroller4321 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:52 am

Be careful dumping dimes into these. Once the heads wear out they count them as pennies!
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby johnbrickner » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:57 pm

RichardPenny43 wrote:<snip> I went to their web site, http://www.cumminsallison.com/us/en, to see what I could learn about their machine. <snip> I decided to send them an email. <snip>

Today I did the same as my local bank counter seems to always be on the fritz. Thanks for the info.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby dirty fingers » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:37 pm

everything wrote:That's the one I've been wearing out, and I'm going to miss it. The belt that runs the wheel gets worn, I can't dump $1000 worth of halves in at a time, now I have to gently feed them in, or it will just stop turning and I have to dig some out to get it going again. Incredibly reliable machine, everything is faster about the older model vs. any of the newer more computerized units that have some kind of computer operating system built into them. But, for zinc dumpers, the newer ones I've seen have double bags which is kind of nice.

There are 3 branches I dump at. The pennies are 2 bags, 1 for halves, one for dollars (across from each other), and then 2 for each, 5c, 10c and 25c. But the machine itself has $200 holding for dumping zincs ;)
I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lime, ...and a shot of tequila.
dirty fingers
Penny Pincher Member

Postby dirty fingers » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:45 pm

highroller4321 wrote:Be careful dumping dimes into these. Once the heads wear out they count them as pennies!

I agree with this, but it is MUCH better to know exactly how much you 'expect' the machines to read, and watch them closely. Then if there is a branch that consistently under counts, COMPLAIN. I have a table top counter, and I count everything before I dump (even pennies). For dimes, I dump them by themselves, because these do seem to be the worst offenders.

I have also noticed that some machines will give dollar credits, even though there were no dollars in the mix. The machines do not seem to do this when dumping one denomination at a time, BUT, will give a few dollar credit if dumping in a bucket of mixed penny, dime, nickle, quarters.
I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lime, ...and a shot of tequila.
dirty fingers
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing