Gold target $2061.61

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Gold target $2061.61

Postby Jonflyfish » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:06 am

Perhaps the Buy On Dip will target $2061.61
Cheer$
Attachments
gold2.png
gold2.png (37.68 KiB) Viewed 792 times
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Gold target $2061.61

Postby Oakair » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:18 am

Whats that formula?
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:26 am

It's just the formula for a line.

Jim Sinclair has been calling for a similar number for Gold this spring for many months.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Jonflyfish » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:29 am

Yeh just a line from where we are to where we're going. Formula is with the help of Leonardo Fibonacci.
Jim Sinclair has been calling for gold to go to $2000 on the heels of Jim Rogers even just before it tanked. :lol:
Cheers
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:55 am

Gold in the $1600s is "tanked"? Dude, in my book it's still at a near-record high, just consolidating. A few ups and downs on the way don't bother me much. I don't hero worship, but Sinclair made a ballsy call many years ago that gold would break 1600 in 2011, and he was right. And that was just an intermediate stop on the way up the sequence. The trick to using the sequence for predictive trading is calling which blip is meaningful. It all makes sense after the fact, but in the moment, there is some guesswork (or art), and all the best of them will agree with that. If you're buying and holding, however, it does tell you the trend is up, which is what I care about most. (At least until you get near the end.)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Jonflyfish » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:06 am

68Camaro wrote:Gold in the $1600s is "tanked"? Dude, in my book it's still at a near-record high, just consolidating. A few ups and downs on the way don't bother me much. I don't hero worship, but Sinclair made a ballsy call many years ago that gold would break 1600 in 2011, and he was right. And that was just an intermediate stop on the way up the sequence. The trick to using the sequence for predictive trading is calling which blip is meaningful. It all makes sense after the fact, but in the moment, there is some guesswork (or art), and all the best of them will agree with that. If you're buying and holding, however, it does tell you the trend is up, which is what I care about most. (At least until you get near the end.)

I'm not arguing. Nothing wrong wth Sinclair, just the same for Jimmy Rogers, aka the "Investment Biker". "Tanked" is a relative word yes. Some people care if gold drops (or rallies) in the near term. If all you need to know is that Jim Sinclair said to buy gold so many years ago then there is no need to check in with any forums or dealer quotes. It's all slurping pina coladas and mai tais on a tropical beach. I'm sure whatever assesment you make is the correct one. You seem to have it all figured out. Good for you mate.
Cheers
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:26 am

I'm all supportative of the analysis. I don't think anyone understands the physics or rather, psychology, behind it, which scares me a bit. But it is what it is, and it's been doing it's thing now for years, following that pattern. It WILL hit a mid-2000s point, and it will do it soon - unless interrupted by something cataclysmic. Whether this spring, or later this year. Then there will be the next retracement down, and then the next even higher up pattern. Etc.

The reason I like it that you can make money off of this is that (and I'm taking you at your word) you are also investing substantially in physical. So, - go get 'em JFF. Make a ton, and use it to buy physical in support of your family. You've got a bit more guts - and skill - than I've got. It doesn't take skill to buy and hold - just the conviction to do it in the first place. I want you to be successful at this.
68Camaro

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:03 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:
68Camaro wrote:Gold in the $1600s is "tanked"? Dude, in my book it's still at a near-record high, just consolidating. A few ups and downs on the way don't bother me much. I don't hero worship, but Sinclair made a ballsy call many years ago that gold would break 1600 in 2011, and he was right. And that was just an intermediate stop on the way up the sequence. The trick to using the sequence for predictive trading is calling which blip is meaningful. It all makes sense after the fact, but in the moment, there is some guesswork (or art), and all the best of them will agree with that. If you're buying and holding, however, it does tell you the trend is up, which is what I care about most. (At least until you get near the end.)

I'm not arguing. Nothing wrong wth Sinclair, just the same for Jimmy Rogers, aka the "Investment Biker". "Tanked" is a relative word yes. Some people care if gold drops (or rallies) in the near term. If all you need to know is that Jim Sinclair said to buy gold so many years ago then there is no need to check in with any forums or dealer quotes. It's all slurping pina coladas and mai tais on a tropical beach. I'm sure whatever assesment you make is the correct one. You seem to have it all figured out. Good for you mate.Cheers

Is this sarcasm? Seems very condescending to me.

What happens in the short term is meaningless. Accumulating on the dips is really all that matters.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:08 pm

68Camaro wrote:I'm all supportative of the analysis. I don't think anyone understands the physics or rather, psychology, behind it, which scares me a bit. But it is what it is, and it's been doing it's thing now for years, following that pattern. It WILL hit a mid-2000s point, and it will do it soon - unless interrupted by something cataclysmic. Whether this spring, or later this year. Then there will be the next retracement down, and then the next even higher up pattern. Etc.

The reason I like it that you can make money off of this is that (and I'm taking you at your word) you are also investing substantially in physical. So, - go get 'em JFF. Make a ton, and use it to buy physical in support of your family. You've got a bit more guts - and skill - than I've got. It doesn't take skill to buy and hold - just the conviction to do it in the first place. I want you to be successful at this.

I only hope for the best of the members here as well. I have no agenda other than to share and share alike. Useful or worthless, I'm willing to stick the neck out and offer some ideas and comments.
May all of your dreams come true.
Cheers
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:09 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:

I'm not arguing. Nothing wrong wth Sinclair, just the same for Jimmy Rogers, aka the "Investment Biker". "Tanked" is a relative word yes. Some people care if gold drops (or rallies) in the near term. If all you need to know is that Jim Sinclair said to buy gold so many years ago then there is no need to check in with any forums or dealer quotes. It's all slurping pina coladas and mai tais on a tropical beach. I'm sure whatever assesment you make is the correct one. You seem to have it all figured out. Good for you mate.Cheers

Is this sarcasm? Seems very condescending to me.

What happens in the short term is meaningless. Accumulating on the dips is really all that matters.

Are you judging others? Seems very acute and quick on the trigger to me.
At least you know what's meaningless and meaningful to you.
Best of luck
Cheers
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby highroller4321 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:30 pm

And whats your thoughts on silver?
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby Country » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:50 pm

Jonfly - Thanks for the insight...

Let's all enjoy the ride up to higher levels.... :mrgreen:

Everybody ready.... :D
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Oakair » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:20 pm

highroller4321 wrote:And whats your thoughts on silver?

~26.50 at some point within the next 4 months for a very short amount of time...hopefully ;)
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby madman326 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:38 pm

This just looks like a jackson pollock painting to me. im broke after buying silver, so it doesnt matter if gold dips or rises.
madman326
Penny Collector Member

Postby Corsair » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:45 pm

If my economics professor could lecture for 75 minutes twice a week on gold and not, well, economics, I think I'd be able to pay better attention.

Always great to see you around, Jon.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby tractorman » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:06 pm

Nice to see ya back around JFF! Always entertaining.

I'm from the 68Camaro school of thought on this one.
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby fb101 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:25 pm

Yes thanks for the insight JFF......
Same for 68..........

So we're hoping for the reverse H&S............
fb101

Postby Ireland_925 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:49 pm

Thanks JFF for posting again. You made some great calls in the past. I'm not scared about what physicists and psychologists think about the commodities markets. I'd rather hear it from a market analyzer. What are your thoughts on silver, if gold does make a run at (and above) 2k? Does the GSR narrow or widen in this situation? Thanks again.
Ireland_925

Postby theo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:36 am

Jonflyfish wrote:

Good to have you back JFF. Having said that, I think you're last line was a bit unfair and might have come off as a little caustic. I don't believe that anybody here (least of all Camaro) thinks they have it all figured out.

As for my two cents, I tend believe that each individual's interpretation of the situation is influenced by their particular experiences and abilities. For example, my background is in education and behaviorial assessment. When I look at a economic data (commodity prices among them) I see behavior and very often emotions (fear, greed etc). Even the attempts at manipulation in gold/silver (where they exist) are behaviorial reactions by powerful interests to their environment. All of this (of course) is driven by self-interest. Others seem to rely on quantitative trends and patterns they see in charts; something of which I have a basic understanding at best (I always thought "Head and Shoulders" was a shampoo! ;) ) What is interesting is that we can very often arrive at the same conclusion.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Oakair » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:33 pm

fb101 wrote:Yes thanks for the insight JFF......
Same for 68..........

So we're hoping for the reverse H&S............

Same pattern in Platinum atm...from mid Sept to now? (Im new to this whole ta thing :oops: )

And possibly silver during the same span...although the sticks kinda throw me off...
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Ireland_925 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:44 pm

I'm from the 68Camaro school of thought on this one

What exactly is that school of thought? And why does it interfere with the original post? The original post was bullish on PMs. I don't know why there would be negativity towards that. Maybe I missed something though.
Ireland_925

Postby everything » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:01 am

I was hanging out at another site in the gold forum, and they were discussing abandoning gold for silver,kitco, thread titled Why I'm moving out of gold and keeping silver, others are not happy, suspecting gold has peaked.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:37 am

everything wrote:I was hanging out at another site in the gold forum, and they were discussing abandoning gold for silver,kitco, thread titled Why I'm moving out of gold and keeping silver, others are not happy, suspecting gold has peaked.

Where is the logic in saying that gold has peaked? Doesn't even make sense. I guess stuff just needs to be said over and over, because there is no sticky for these things, but gold is not even really an investment unless one considers it undervalued in real terms. And I tend to think it is fairly valued. So I have no high expectation of "making a profit" at it. But what I do intend to do with gold is protect my capital. What will happen is that the price of gold as measured in USD will increase substantially. Why? Because the value of the USD is dropping, and will continue to drop, as USDs are "printed" by the trillions and as it continues to loose influence as the global reserve currency. The gold will be worth "more", but will not tend to be able to purchase more - rather it will tend to hold its own. If there is any small appreciation in value due to an imbalance that I am able to take advantage of, I'll take it, but am not counting on it.

To a related topic. Some say that war is an inevitable result of this direction. There are historical patterns that match this. I don't know what is cause or effect. Conspiracy theorists will say that war is created by TPTB as a means to divert attention from economic crisis to another. Others say that war is a result of the economic crisis. Regardless, I think we're in a period of elevated concern about a serious new war, perhaps a regional war, or even a third global war. Do your own due diligence. Protect yourselves accordingly.
68Camaro

Postby slickeast » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:54 am

Simple explanation

Todays GOLD at $1680 / oz will buy x amount of goods.

GOLD in 5 years at ???? / oz will buy those same goods.

$1680 in 5 years might only buy a portion of those same goods.

So yes GOLD went up, but so did everything else. Instead of having $1680 in a coffee can that lost purchasing power, you have an ounce of gold that has the same purchasing power even though it has increased FRN value.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby Lemon Thrower » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:06 am

i question anyone who values rogers' opinion over sinclair on gold.

rogers is a guy who got famous on soros' coattails. soros is politically connected now - do you think he just got lucky with his moves in the early 90s or was he politically connected then, too?

rogers for all his wealth seems to work pretty hard picking up pennies by writing books and appearing on any TV show that will have him. funny how soros doesn't do that. lately, all rogers does is come on tv after a big move and say something like, yeah, i invested in that but i wouldn't commit new money to it. sinclair, in contrast, predicted gold would go to 1600 in 10 years, did so when gold was only 300, and was only off by 6 months.

anyway, its all moot because there are no markets anymore, only interventions. the ptb know technical analysis as well as anyone and can paint any pretty picture they want in the charts.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals