Five Star Bank Warsaw, NY - 0 Star Service

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Five Star Bank Warsaw, NY - 0 Star Service

Postby knibloe » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:01 am

I don't normally post negative things, however, this bank has ticked me off.

1. We have been banking with them for 20 years.

2. Last week my wife's ATM card would not work. She called the number on the back of the card and was greeted by the manager of their main branch. My wife explained that the card didn't work. The mgr's response was a snotty "what do you want me to do about it?" My was was already having a bad day and told her to fix it or we would close our account which at that time had over 5 figures in it. They did eventually help her.

3. I have posted about the million penny drive. I called the branch mgr that was doing the drive and asked if I could purchase the pennies. I was told yes. I called Friday and made arrangements to pick up the pennies on Tuesday. I arranged my work schedule and then drove the 40 miles to pick up the pennies yesterday. The manager hid in the office as she had one of the tellers say they wouldn't sell them to me because they didn't get enough????

I don't mind if they weren't going to sell me the pennies. However, all they had to do was say no. Don' t turn me away after I drove there to get them.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Re: Five Star Bank Warsaw, NY - 0 Star Service

Postby Morsecode » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:56 am

Take it up the chain. If there's one thing these over-promoted ninnies are afraid of, it's a bad customer service complaint brought to their attention by management. They're scored on it monthly. Most of their useful feedback at pay raise time is connected to it.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby twentybux » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:15 pm

Let them have it. Piss poor customer service should not be tolerated. Just my two cents.
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby jacer333 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:50 pm

Agree, really no excuse here for this treatment. Sure you may make a little off interest here, but it is you that is bringing money in for them to stay in operation. Use the leverage!
1909-S VDB Found 3/19/12. Wild IHC's found to date: 38
jacer333
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby knibloe » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:40 pm

jacer333 wrote:Agree, really no excuse here for this treatment. Sure you may make a little off interest here, but it is you that is bringing money in for them to stay in operation. Use the leverage!

No interest checking account that we write maybe 5 checks on a month. Can't be to bad of a deal for them for 5 figures.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing