best penny box yet!! IH and unplated zinc

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

best penny box yet!! IH and unplated zinc

Postby cdickrun64 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:52 am

Hello all.....my last penny box was my best yet!! It yeilded 29% CU, including 59 canadians, 22 wheaties, a 1992-d unplated zinc, and a 1899 indian head!! woo-hoo!!
cdickrun64

Re: best penny box yet!! IH and unplated zinc

Postby exbingoaddict » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:00 am

Great box, great finds. Please post some pictures of the IH and unplated.

Boxes like that don't come around often but makes you want to pick up another.

Welcome to the 1899 Indian Head Club.
exbingoaddict
Penny Collector Member

Postby cdickrun64 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:20 am

exbingo - thnx.....and it was only my 10th box searched....beginners luck i guess.
cdickrun64

Postby Joogaler » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:12 pm

That's great! I think I found an unplated zincer a while back. Just two days ago I found a blank zinc planchet! Only took me 500,000 pennies to find one. :mrgreen:

Visit my E-Store for copper penny bullion!
http://jooglerbullion.ecrater.com/
Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Postby dixiebooks » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:36 pm

Unplated zinc pennies are worth $100 according to this website: http://www.coinsite.com/html/USErrorPrices.asp :shock:

NOW I find this out. I have found several and tossed them in with the other zincs. In fact, I returned a good one just last week. :sick: I'd always assumed they were the result of some high school chemistry experiment where the Cu was dissolved off the coin. Now I know.

Found the website above while trying to find info on valuable variations and mistakes in Kennedy halves and Ike dollars.

-james
James.M.Wagner
Coppers FS in Upper East TN or Central AL and points in between. PM for more info.
eBid, my favorite greedBay alternative: http://us.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?ref= ... ister-main
dixiebooks
Penny Pincher Member

Postby scyther » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:18 pm

dixiebooks wrote:Unplated zinc pennies are worth $100 according to this website: http://www.coinsite.com/html/USErrorPrices.asp :shock:

NOW I find this out. I have found several and tossed them in with the other zincs. In fact, I returned a good one just last week. :sick: I'd always assumed they were the result of some high school chemistry experiment where the Cu was dissolved off the coin. Now I know.

Found the website above while trying to find info on valuable variations and mistakes in Kennedy halves and Ike dollars.

-james

Most of them are just a chemistry experiment. If you've found several of them, you can probably just assume they were nothing. Some are that way from the mint, but I wouldn't know how to tell.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby spacemanX » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:32 pm

Congratulations on the IH
spacemanX
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rob72830 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:15 pm

Congrats on finding the Indian. I too have found those zincs and just threw them in the box with the others to be dumped. I won't be dumping them anymore. Thanks for sharing.
Rob72830
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing