PM Dip

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

PM Dip

Postby scrapper2010 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:19 pm

Could be a good buying opportunity for silver & gold. Gold getting hit even harder than silver as of now.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: PM Dip

Postby Oakair » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:44 pm

I was watching the 2min chart when this happened...Took me a few seconds of google search to determine the cause...Pretty neat how instant such things are
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:33 pm

The bullion bank cartel has a HFT algorithm that pulls down PM's whenever the DOW is down. They don't want the public to perceive them as a safe haven investment.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby slickeast » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:49 pm

I see TPTB are playing their games again.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby SilverDragon72 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:10 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing the PM's go lower for a while....good opportunity to increase my stack of PM's! ;)
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby DebtFreeMe » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:08 pm

Ya, I'm purchasing a large lot of ASEs, Maple Leafs, and other coins tomorrow... So this is a good thing for now.
DebtFreeMe
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:39 pm

DebtFreeMe wrote:Ya, I'm purchasing a large lot of ASEs, Maple Leafs, and other coins tomorrow... So this is a good thing for now.

Wait to place your orders until about 10:10am EST. Usually da boyz will start hammering the market (if they are going to) right at 10:00am and it takes them a few minutes to get the job done.
beauanderos

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:34 am

Stock market futures are dragging PMs down... gold is down $50 and silver is down $1.70. If the stock market drops some more, it's going to pull PMs down with it. If you're going to buy, buy small and keep lots of powder dry for when it goes lower.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:10 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Stock market futures are dragging PMs down... gold is down $50 and silver is down $1.70. If the stock market drops some more, it's going to pull PMs down with it. If you're going to buy, buy small and keep lots of powder dry for when it goes lower.

I'm going to load up more fake silver with derivatives. It's been pretty easy money the last SEVERAL times this happened.
barrytrot

Postby Hawkeye » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:13 am

Dang it! I just bought some last week. Maybe it will stay down for a while so I can increase the stack.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby justj2k78 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:21 am

Yes, I am going to attempt to locate a seller today - I buy in mini-chunks, looks like a good day to chunk up!
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:11 am

barrytrot wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Stock market futures are dragging PMs down... gold is down $50 and silver is down $1.70. If the stock market drops some more, it's going to pull PMs down with it. If you're going to buy, buy small and keep lots of powder dry for when it goes lower.

I'm going to load up more fake silver with derivatives. It's been pretty easy money the last SEVERAL times this happened.

You have big gonads Barry. I'll stick with physical. Good luck to you.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby justj2k78 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:54 am

Went ahead and picked up a 1/2 dozen Eagles at $33 each. That's as exciting as I get!
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Oakair » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:57 am

Dang...This triggered a standing buy order I had for USLV...

I guess I'm in at 36.25 :lol:
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:35 am

beauanderos wrote:The bullion bank cartel has a HFT algorithm that pulls down PM's whenever the DOW is down. They don't want the public to perceive them as a safe haven investment.

The big move yesterday was more than HFT - there was another giant dump of paper silver shorted (I believe I read something like 675 million toz). The interesting thing (to me) is that they are now having to literally dump a half-year+ of annual silver production almost every week in order to keep silver tamped down to $32.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:36 am

The emperor is about to be found without clothes on. The great and powerful oz is about to be revealed...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:57 pm

68Camaro wrote:The emperor is about to be found without clothes on. The great and powerful oz is about to be revealed...

I'm confident that it will, but I have a feeling that this paper game could go on much longer than we expect it to.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:53 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
68Camaro wrote:The emperor is about to be found without clothes on. The great and powerful oz is about to be revealed...

I'm confident that it will, but I have a feeling that this paper game could go on much longer than we expect it to.

THEY are suppressing the market with money that costs THEM nothing. It costs US. WE (the fiat-holding public) will actually wind up footing the bill for their shenanigans. The result will be the greatest wealth transfer in history. The price will be hyperinflation. WE (if you've prepared) will be the NEW one percent. :mrgreen:
beauanderos

Postby Treetop » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:20 pm

beauanderos wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:

THEY are suppressing the market with money that costs THEM nothing. It costs US. WE (the fiat-holding public) will actually wind up footing the bill for their shenanigans. The result will be the greatest wealth transfer in history. The price will be hyperinflation. WE (if you've prepared) will be the NEW one percent. :mrgreen:

If or when it comes to that, would "they" let you keep it? Or would they vilify you publicly, heck even perhaps try to blame you for the troubles... (you bet against the dollar after all, arguably against your neighbors as well, did you WANT them to fail?? :shock: ) similar things have happened before. Even in our own country we have had gold confiscations in the past, under much lighter issues then we currently face with a government that had much less power over individuals then it does today....

Its diversity into other hard assets for me...
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:58 pm

What PMs? I don't have any...
68Camaro

Postby Engineer » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:26 am

I'm amazed at how flat the market has been after the slow motion smackdown yesterday...but we're just headed into the London open, and things are bound to get interesting soon. Favors have to be repaid and all...
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:31 am

They've spent alot of ammo on the smackdown. At some point they will have to cover their shorts and reload.
beauanderos

Postby Thogey » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:01 pm

The silver market looks wierd right now.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby inflationhawk » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:18 pm

Surprised its flat with the weak employment report Friday. China inflation numbers just came in higher than expected for March too.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Engineer » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:18 pm

Thogey wrote:The silver market looks wierd right now.

Nice spike. Somebody must have needed to cover some shorts, and I'd bet that spike triggered a ton of $32.50 sell orders.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals