2nd time for us. Just missed a bank robber.

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: 2nd time for us. Just missed a bank robber.

Postby Dinero2005 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:42 am

NHsorter wrote:
stonewallrabbitry wrote:Conceal carry and open carry laws save lives and prevent crime

I missed an armed robbery at a local credit union by one day exactly. When I was in there, I was armed. I have thought about it a lot, what I would have done, but I just can't say. Too many variables. I would have to intervene if I thought someone was in true danger of getting shot, but if it's a "clean" robbery and it looks like he is not out to hurt anyone, it could be worse to pull out a gun because then someone is a lot more likely get killed. Don't want to make the situation worse than it already is. Tough call.

Money can be replaced. Lives can't. If ever put in a situation like that do what your told and done't be a hero. Like you said, you would only make the situation worse by getting involved.

Banks and credit unions are insured for this sort of thing. Besides, with technology as it is now the tellers keep very little cash in their drawers at any one time. $2-$5k max. If the robber thinks it's worth $5,000 to risk the next 30 years in jail let him have it.

I work in a credit union and everybody is trained to take preventative measures but when it happens do as the robber demands. The people are more important than the money. One day a couple of years ago we had a guy come in the branch that went to the teller line and asked to use the phone book. He looked at it for a few minutes, gave it back then left. A little while later we got an email that the same guy went down the street to a Wachovia, asked for a phone book then robbed the place at gun point.

I just found this, http://www.justice.gov/usao/sc/LivePres ... affner.pdf

I'm not sure what he saw at our branch that he decided to go elsewhere or what he used the phone book for. I'm glad they caught him though.
Dinero2005
Penny Sorter Member

Postby adagirl » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:42 am

some one is looking out for you Henry. Two near misses!
adagirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby jacer333 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:38 am

Wow Dinero, that must hit home for you too. Glad to hear you were not put into harm's way!
1909-S VDB Found 3/19/12. Wild IHC's found to date: 38
jacer333
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby snappy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:06 pm

I wonder if they have figured out that your the look out, case it, for the robbers yet?
snappy
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing