Off of the CU Watch List

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Off of the CU Watch List

Postby reddirtcoins » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:55 pm

So I got another one of those calls today. "What are you doing? Are you a business?".. After talking to them for 20 Minutes they put a note on my account so no one else will bug me. :lol: They were really nice and enjoyed all of the information I shared with them. I think they might even start sorting.. :mrgreen:
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Off of the CU Watch List

Postby fb101 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:55 pm

this from a pickup bank?
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby jacer333 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:22 pm

Wow, this could be first time I have heard a sorter able to overcome a red flag and stay on friendly terms! Way to go, keep chugging along :D
1909-S VDB Found 3/19/12. Wild IHC's found to date: 38
jacer333
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:45 pm

It's a dump CU. I use to buy from them but they cut everyone off. I informed them I try to bulk dump as much as I can at BoA and I only dump with them when I'm doing my small amounts, $200 or so a day. But I did take the week before last off! :)
Some Saturdays I'll drive around and dump about 2k using the 200 limit a day. They of course laughed about that since it's a 70 mile round trip. I told them my daughter and I dump, eat lunch at H&H Gun Range then dump going back home... only takes 3 hours and I get good daughter/father time. Plus we'll practice for the zombie apocalypse from time to time. Just a few hundred rounds.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rosco » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:53 pm

We have three Sons an i wish that I had started this 40 years ago ;)
Its much tougher after retirement to build a stack but we were pretty frugal back then my big vice was Smoking but it would have bought a couple of Morgans or Peace an we did occasionally Shoot :mrgreen:

:o Hind Sight :lol:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing