Another Rant....Pass me the blood pressure pills!

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Another Rant....Pass me the blood pressure pills!

Postby Copper Catcher » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:01 pm

Help me out here....

The Obama administration today is worried about “oil speculation” acting as if this is the cause to all the woes of the price going up at the gas pump.

The President’s solution:

“He proposed more funding to hire CFTC regulators, or "cops on the beat" as they were referred to in a fact sheet; harsher punishments for manipulating the market; giving the CFTC technology equivalent to what traders use; allowing CFTC to force exchanges to increase margin requirements for crude oil futures, options and swaps; and to expand access to CFTC data so that regulators and market watchers can theoretically see more patterns that may suggest speculation and manipulation. In a press call before the president's official announcement, a senior White House official told reporters that the new proposal requires Congressional approval and carries a $52 million price tag, which could be found in currently available discretionary funds."

In the mean time over in the the silver and gold market we hear crickets chirping away as usual. This is unbelievable! :cry: :(
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Another Rant....Pass me the blood pressure pills!

Postby knibloe » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:42 pm

The panel that he set up to root out illegal practices a year ago, hasn't done anything. Sounds like a bunch of new jobs for his cronies.

I hear and feel your pain on the gold and silver side as well.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby silverflake » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:12 pm

If he allowed us to reap the massive amount of oil in the shale fields of the western U.S, and/or allowed us to drill more, supply would increase, price would decrease and we could be free of the yoke of the middle east and opec. Don;t hire anymore government workers.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby fb101 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:00 pm

Copper Catcher wrote:Help me out here....

The Obama administration today is worried about “oil speculation” acting as if this is the cause to all the woes of the price going up at the gas pump.

“He proposed more funding to hire CFTC regulators, or "cops on the beat" as they were referred to in a fact sheet; harsher punishments for manipulating the market; giving the CFTC technology equivalent to what traders use; allowing CFTC to force exchanges to increase margin requirements for crude oil futures, options and swaps; and to expand access to CFTC data so that regulators and market watchers can theoretically see more patterns that may suggest speculation and manipulation. In a press call before the president's official announcement, a senior White House official told reporters that the new proposal requires Congressional approval and carries a $52 million price tag, which could be found in currently available discretionary funds."

In the mean time over in the the silver and gold market we hear crickets chirping away as usual. This is unbelievable! :cry: :(

!@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@!
fb101

Postby beauanderos » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:18 pm

fb101 wrote:

!@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@!

Discretionary funds. Really?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Rosco » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:49 am

The JACKBOOTS THUGS ARE COMMING
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions