First half dollar box. What to pull?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

First half dollar box. What to pull?

Postby philadelphiafan » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:43 pm

I will be doing my first half dollar box and I know to pull the silve but are there any other coins worth pulling out.
philadelphiafan

Re: First half dollar box. What to pull?

Postby fb101 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:46 pm

You may find proofs, I pull them.
there are some errors in jfks but I can't name them.
real over the 1/2 dollars and other coins thread for 2011 and you'll find probably everything you need to know.
Best of Luck!
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Country » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:50 pm

I pull out all clad commemoratives, clad proofs (S-mintmarks), and NIFCS (2002 to date clads). All of this is not worth much, but occasionally you will find someone that wants 'em. There are also clad error coins, for those with young eyes wish to pursue them.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby drummermatt » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:15 pm

philadelphiafan wrote:I will be doing my first half dollar box and I know to pull the silve but are there any other coins worth pulling out.

I haven't gotten into half dollar boxes yet but am considering starting. Being that I am in the Philly area and assume you might be also, can you give me an idea of which bank(s) might actually carry half dollar boxes? I have accounts at TD and Wells Fargo, and was thinking of adding Citizens. Thanks for your input!
drummermatt

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals