I love my CU

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

I love my CU

Postby DebtFreeMe » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:37 pm

So, I go to one of my pickup credit union's today to get my regular $300 in pennies (I get another $200 from them on Tuesdays), I also picked up $160 in customer wrapped dime... While I'm there the manager come up to me and says "Mr DFM, I just want to thank you for being so patient every time you come in while we get all your coins together." She then hands me a $25 gift certificate to "On the Boarder" and a couple of other restaurants.

I've always kind of been afraid that my little coin habit was a hassle for them, but they seem to be really cool about it... I think they like that I also bring in cookies and doughnuts from time to time....
DebtFreeMe
Penny Collector Member

Re: I love my CU

Postby SilverEye » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:45 pm

Holy cow that's awesome. How is your relationship at your dump bank? Might be wise to bring that gift cert over and give it to the teller who has to shlep your zinc to the vault.
SilverEye
Penny Collector Member

Re: I love my CU

Postby twentybux » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:50 pm

SilverEye wrote:Holy cow that's awesome. How is your relationship at your dump bank? Might be wise to bring that gift cert over and give it to the teller who has to shlep your zinc to the vault.

That is definitely a good idea.
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing