Goldworth.com?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Goldworth.com?

Postby rsk1963 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:57 pm

Was looking around for different places to purchase some PM's and came across Goldworth? Was wondering If anyone's done business with these guys cause they're prices look almost too good to be true.

Anyone please lmk.
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Re: Goldworth.com?

Postby merchoarder » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:21 am

Never done business with them or even heard of them but I checked out their site. Prices don't look so great to me... Well, some pretty good, $1.12 over spot on SAE pretty good, but $40+ for morgans and peace??
Interesting, SAE's $1.12 over spot, Maples $1.44 over spot, Libertads $3.14 over spot from a Cali based company?
$1.99 over spot on 10 and 100 oz bars. Their prices do seem pretty legit on some stuff.
"If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do" Warren Miller
merchoarder
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby inflationhawk » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:12 am

Seems like I've heard them advertise on XM radio (CNBC), but I never looked them up. They seemed like a pretty hard core marketing shop, but I could be wrong.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Engineer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:14 am

They don't seem to have a buy program, which opens up the question of where they get their coins.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby inflationhawk » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:25 am

Here's the rub, while they're prices might seem good, you have 2 options; pay them a delivery fee to take physical possession or pay them a storage fee for them to act as a custodian.

From their website:

Delivery fees are; $32 flat fee for all coins, gold bullion and platinum bullion. Silver bullion bars & coins may require a higher fee due to weight. An exception is made for 90% silver and 40% silver $1,000 face value bags, for which we charge a flat fee of $50. All delivery charges include full insurance which cover current market price.

Storage & Insurance fees are: 50 basis points of your holdings per year. For example, if your Gold holdings have a market value of $10,000 throughout the year, your storage charges would be $50 for the year.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JadeDragon » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:00 am

Maybe they have unlimited amounts of gold and silver to sell you as long as you pay them to store it.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby rexmerdinus » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:58 am

So do I, and I'll send you a certificate saying so! If you're interested, let me know and I'll tell you where to send my--er, YOUR money!
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Postby Bluegill » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:45 am

JadeDragon wrote:Maybe they have unlimited amounts of gold and silver to sell you as long as you pay them to store it.

That could be a sweet gig. Should everybody suddenly want to take possession, just settle with FRN's. All the while keeping the storage fees.
Bluegill
Post Hoarder

Postby creshka46 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:04 am

JadeDragon wrote:Maybe they have unlimited amounts of gold and silver to sell you as long as you pay them to store it.

:lol: :evil:
Pennies: $4200 - (0) indians - (5)steel - (1) George V Canadian
Nickels: $6500 - (62)war - (23)buf - (1)V nic - (4) key date jeff's
Dimes: $5000 - (24)roos - (2)merc - (2)AgCAN
Halves: $8000 - (7)'64 - (33)40% - (1)walker
creshka46
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby rsk1963 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:47 am

inflationhawk wrote:Here's the rub, while they're prices might seem good, you have 2 options; pay them a delivery fee to take physical possession or pay them a storage fee for them to act as a custodian.

From their website:

Delivery fees are; $32 flat fee for all coins, gold bullion and platinum bullion. Silver bullion bars & coins may require a higher fee due to weight. An exception is made for 90% silver and 40% silver $1,000 face value bags, for which we charge a flat fee of $50. All delivery charges include full insurance which cover current market price.

Storage & Insurance fees are: 50 basis points of your holdings per year. For example, if your Gold holdings have a market value of $10,000 throughout the year, your storage charges would be $50 for the year.

I know, I have an inquiry out to see how much shipping is (they have an additional caveat, shipping silver can be higher/subject to change) obviously I want the del option. But I didnt know if anyone has done business with them previously.

;) sounds like comex...
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby SilverEye » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:07 pm

That is an awesome price for Silver Eagles, but that shipping cost is pretty high. You'd really have to make a good size buy to make it worthwhile.
SilverEye
Penny Collector Member

Postby inflationhawk » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:37 pm

SilverEye wrote:That is an awesome price for Silver Eagles, but that shipping cost is pretty high. You'd really have to make a good size buy to make it worthwhile.

And thats where they get you with the "Silver bullion bars & coins may require a higher fee due to weight.". They might as well say: Silver bullion bars & coins may require a higher fee to insure we make a profit.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby mbailey1234 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:49 pm

They get 6.5% commission and from what I gather they base it off of the comex price but I'm not sure. I just got a quote on 20 and on 500 ASE's and they are $2.92 over spot or $33.52 and shipping costs a flat $39.00.

Not sure where the $1.12 over came from but I assume the market they use wasn't open yet and they were basing that price off of Friday's close???

Doesn't seem too be much of a deal there in my opinion. Never hurt's to check though! ;)

Best price I have found today is here:
http://www.gainesvillecoins.com/product ... coins.aspx
Last edited by mbailey1234 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:59 pm

They need to price aggressively to be competitive with more established players in this market. But if they undercut too much, they can't make a profit. They may have a few loss leaders to attract buyers, but whether their loyalty would be insured after an initial purchase or two might be problematic. Look how much WE price shop. Would anyone else be different? And as far as it goes for selling certificates representing your unallocated gold and silver... why do you think Morgan Stanley was fined for charging storage fees when there was no precious metals even being vaulted? You have to realize that most banks do the same, there is only a small fraction of gold ostensibly representing the stores bought and paid for, should anyone try to obtain a redemption (in physical metals) they will attempt to thwart you with endless obstacles. Cash settlement? No problems.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby PennysaverCP » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:18 pm

Provident metals has a special on 1 0z Silver Maple leafs today at 1.75 over spot. I picked some up on todays dip.
PennysaverCP
Penny Collector Member

Postby SilverEye » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:15 pm

It does say $2.92 over spot right now, but I swear I saw it say $1.12 when I looked yesterday.
SilverEye
Penny Collector Member

Postby inflationhawk » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:49 pm

Yes, and at one point I can vouch that it was a 1.99 over spot when I looked last night. Screwy pricing to move it all around like that.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Engineer » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:03 pm

It was barely over a dollar when I first looked at it.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals