Apmex special on silver Eagles

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Apmex special on silver Eagles

Postby goodcents » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:50 pm

So to make it worth your while, we are offering our most popular bullion coin for an incredibly special price! Order by April 26th at 5 p.m. CT and you can buy up to three 2012 1 oz Silver American Eagle coins for just the spot price per coin -- no premium*. Use promo code 1STORDER when you order.

Just thought I'd pass it along to those of you who use Amex.

Joe
goodcents
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Amex special on silver Eagles

Postby SoFa » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:52 pm

I just got that too. Too bad they charge $12.95 shipping.
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby barrytrot » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:55 pm

Unless I did something wrong they still charged shipping so their price was "good" but not great on 3 eagles.

I passed.

apmex not "amex" I assume based on the fact the code works.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby AGCoinHunter » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:17 pm

Yeah, the shipping kills this for me.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby ScottyTX » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:50 pm

Humm good deal I imagine if you were already looking to buy silver from Apmex...otherwise as previously stated they're pretty much offering silver eagles at 34.75 max of three.

Scott
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 97guns » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:59 pm

thanks for that, i just went for it and added 2 generic bars to the order, 5oz came out to $33.22/oz with my platinum $10 shipping. not a spectacular deal but good enough for me to bite.
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby inflationhawk » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:46 pm

Thanks for the tip, I've been meaning to buy my 2012 Koalas, Philharmonics, Pandas and the new Moose so I tacked on 3 ASEs and used the code! Killed a few birds with this stone. $10 shipping is always such a pain with APMEX so you have to load up when you buy to smooth out the fee.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby jacer333 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:30 pm

Yup, got all giddy until I saw the smack in the face on the shipping charge. :x
1909-S VDB Found 3/19/12. Wild IHC's found to date: 38
jacer333
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Hawkeye » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:06 pm

Dang it. I just bought some silver from apmex last week - that would have been a nice little add on.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby avidbrandy » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:33 pm

yea was just coming to post this.

shipping sucks unless you're buying other stuff as well.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Apmex special on silver Eagles

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:49 am

You mean I can actually buy a whopping total of THREE ASE's for spot price??? :roll: :? :shock:

I realize Ampex is in business to make money, but these "specials" are hilarious. Over the past 2 years I've given all my business to my local coin dealer. He gives me legitimate deals which tells me he appreciates my business much more than Apmex.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Bluegill » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:25 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
I realize Ampex is in business to make money, but these "specials" are hilarious. Over the past 2 years I've given all my business to my local coin dealer. He gives me legitimate deals which tells me he appreciates my business much more than Apmex.

+1
Bluegill
Post Hoarder

Postby inflationhawk » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:40 am

Your lucky to know a local coin dealer that deals fair. Most of the coin shops that I've encountered mark their prices way up and are very condescending when you try to talk to them or deal with them.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby rexmerdinus » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:00 pm

I sent them a nastygram last week. I got an email about a special gift just for filling out a customer satisfaction survey. I filled out the survey and my "special gift" was free shipping on an order of $3,000.00 or more. I usually buy in lots of 20 eagles or 1-oz bars, so I never spend that much in one transaction. The way I see it, if I'm spending $3k, I'd BETTER get free shipping!

Incidentally, after ruminating on this for about a month, I just joined Preservation of Wealth, as you can see by my new sig. :) I'm not one for shameless plugs (and Mods--if you need to delete or move this message to another area I won't be insulted!), but if you buy a lot of ASE's or gold eagles or bullion, I think the $249.00 per year will pay for itself and then some. ASE's are $2.00 over spot (the "spot" price they follow is usually a few cents above kitco, but not by much), and shipping is never over $22.00 per order. I just locked in 20 ASE's for $670.55 shipped (shipping price was $14.35, so less than APMEX's 19.95 for the same order). I worked it out--at the same spot price for 20 ASE's, my APMEX bill would have been 707.95 shipped, which means I saved about $37.40, or $1.87 per coin. At that rate, the $249 membership will pay for itself after 134 ASE's, so worthit for me! I'll keep everyone posted on how fast they ship.

Yes, it's an MLM network marketing company, so they're also selling that aspect, but I don't really care much about that part, and participation is not required. I just want to buy silver and gold as cheaply as possible. If you want to read more about it, click the link in my signature.
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Postby everything » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:26 am

Rex, you can also order for your buddies, sounds like a good deal, just be careful what you say about the MLM online. Way to go to on the price cuts.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rosco » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:25 am

I bought from the local Coin shop at $1.50 over spot an got to see what I bought before they had my cash :mrgreen:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby rexmerdinus » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:09 am

Awesome! And awesome for the shop owner too, since he probably bought them and stockpiled them when silver was lower.

Unfortunately for me, my closest "local coin shop" is about 90 miles away and they're still spot+3 or more, so this is still a better deal.
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals