My first 5 gallon bucket!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

My first 5 gallon bucket!

Postby Provincial4nstar » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:49 am

Well it took me a little over a month to hand sort my first 5 gal. bucket (200lbs I think). Anyway my girlfriend and I laugh about my new obsession all the time. And last night she said "My boyfriend is cheating on me w Abraham Lincoln! Wtf! Hahaaaa! She is very supportive of my Cu hobby but I was wondering do your girlfriends give you a hard time about sorting. I kno some people think I'm crazy. People at the banks just don't understand either. Whatever I'll hoard Cu till they disappear! Who cares what people think.
Provincial4nstar

Re: My first 5 gallon bucket!

Postby My2Cents » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:31 am

My wife doesn't really understand either, but then again, I don't understand her passion for purses and shoes LOL. So I give her money to buy the BS stuff she wants, and that keeps her off my tail on my CU fettish.

Sort on brother
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - Zero" Voltaire
My2Cents
Penny Pincher Member

Postby pennypanner » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:23 am

My girlfriend doesn't like it because it takes up my time with her. However, my wife doesn't mind because she knows she'll inherat it all some day. :) Just jokin' about the girlfriend part. If my wife thought I had a girlfriend she'd get her inheratance before I'm ready to give it up.
pennypanner

Postby SilverDragon72 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:09 pm

My girlfriend doesn't quite understand why I take so much time sorting these crazy pennies! I keep telling her that they will make me rich someday in the future....hopefully I'm not wrong. She doesn't really give me a hard time about it though. I don't have a 5 gallon bucket full yet, but I'm getting close to 3 gallons of the coppers!
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby lance » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:13 pm

My fiance is pretty supportive...she buys me boxs of pennies every now and then and always saves me the copper from her change....she helps me handsort every so often also...
lance
Penny Collector Member

Postby mishra142 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:42 pm

My fiance is supportive.. Although she thinks the ryedale is to loud. I'll be setting up shop in the shed shortly :/ oh well
old feedback link:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10854
mishra142
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Beervestor » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:26 pm

Provincial4nstar wrote:Well it took me a little over a month to hand sort my first 5 gal. bucket (200lbs I think). Anyway my girlfriend and I laugh about my new obsession all the time. And last night she said "My boyfriend is cheating on me w Abraham Lincoln! Wtf! Hahaaaa! She is very supportive of my Cu hobby but I was wondering do your girlfriends give you a hard time about sorting. I kno some people think I'm crazy. People at the banks just don't understand either. Whatever I'll hoard Cu till they disappear! Who cares what people think.

haha my gf would always make fun of me for it. should would joke about it all the time whenever she would get change back when we would go out shed tell me i cant have them or look at them and told me im like that old guy on the movie dear john haha but ya i get crap from everyone for doing it lol my buddies also. i tried to turn a couple of them onto it but i dont think they are gonna
Beervestor

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:08 pm

Next time any of your significant others complain just say: "There are plenty of fish in the sea, but very little copper".

Seriously though, I've had much more fun/freedom not having a wife of girlfriend... I get to do what I want, how I want, whenever I want.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:14 pm

If Mrs. Thogey complains I can't understand her. When she talks it sounds like a fart pushing through a mouthful of chewed up Kentucky fried chicken.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Common Cents » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:38 pm

Congrats.

FYI there's a thread already in existence that was intended exactly for your type of post.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=659&hilit=post+your+hoarding+milestones
Common Cents
Penny Pincher Member

Postby GTOJohn » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:10 pm

my wife refers to sorting as 'having my hands all over a girl named Penny'
GTOJohn
Penny Collector Member

Postby amalekidad » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Sometimes I worry about your guys. ND Farmer and Thogey are always making comments about ‘the Mrs.’ I’ve been married for over 30 years and I’m a happily married man. NO that is NOT an oxymoron. She is really good about my Cu and Ag sorting and hording. She even let’s me take her big red truck (F250 Super Cab Turbo diesel) to make my dumps and pickups.
AND she is SMOKin HOT!! I am one happy (aka whooped) man.
amalekidad
Penny Collector Member

Postby everything » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:37 am

That's quite a bit of sorting, nice. My gfriend is ok with the cu hoard but has been giving me a hard time about buying au or ag, says I'm wasting my money, she thinks metals will drop in a couple of years when interest rates go up.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby lance » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:51 pm

everything wrote:That's quite a bit of sorting, nice. My gfriend is ok with the cu hoard but has been giving me a hard time about buying au or ag, says I'm wasting my money, she thinks metals will drop in a couple of years when interest rates go up.

Our country is [fluffed]....they can only fake it for so long...i have a gut feeling that pm and even copper is gonna skyrocket
lance
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing