The Mini Page gets kids into coins

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

The Mini Page gets kids into coins

Postby DuckTales253 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:56 am

Did you guys see "The Mini Page" in the newspaper on Monday of this week? The topic was coin collecting. You may be interested to know that they gave three factors that determine the value of a coin: Condition, Mintage, and METAL!

There is a PDF copy of the article available here: The Mini Page - April 23, 2012
"No man is poor who can do what he likes to do once in a while!" - Scrooge McDuck
DuckTales253
Penny Pincher Member

Re: The Mini Page gets kids into coins

Postby Ardent Listener » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:25 pm

My wife is a third grade teacher and has always enjoyed teaching the history of money. Now the state has taken that out of its indicators.
All posts by the person known here as Ardent Listener are for your edification and amusement only and are not intended to provide investment, medical, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.
Ardent Listener
Founding Member

Re: The Mini Page gets kids into coins

Postby Mossy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:51 pm

Ardent Listener wrote:My wife is a third grade teacher and has always enjoyed teaching the history of money. Now the state has taken that out of its indicators.

I'm suprised that it's hung around long enough for someone still living to have taught the subject.

From what I've read elsewhere, "economics" once meant "household accounts, etc" (I tried to get into a home ec course in school: "NO, Boys get SHOP class, only GIRLS get home economics". As if men don't need to be able to do book keeping or figure energy costs, or...) But, Home Ec seems to have dropped off the curiculum (sp?) long ago. Politicians like people acting foolishly.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals