Good day at the coin shop

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Good day at the coin shop

Postby Dave 77 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:50 pm

I stopped by the local coin shop today. I took with my what I thought was a roll of 40% (it ended up being one short. I can't count). I asked the guy what they were paying on 40%. He said they were paying $2 per half. Then the other guy, who is the one I deal with at least once a week comes in. I ask him if I could trade the 40% for 90%. He ended up letting me trade for equal silver content. I thought it was an amazing deal. I ended up with 38 silver dimes for the 19 halves. He also let me swap out an ugly one ounce round for a credit suisse bar. I got some foreign coins for free as well. I buy a couple of bars a month there so I do spend a good bit of money there but it was still odd that he let me trade it straight up. All in all Id have to say it was a very successful day
Last edited by Dave 77 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave 77
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Good day at the coin shop

Postby INTRINSICK » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:24 pm

AWSOME,i wish my lcs was that great.
INTRINSICK

Re: Good day at the coin shop

Postby Rosco » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:25 pm

I agree awesome LCS :)

Mine treats me fair but I have not traded as often as we go south for the Sun in the winter :)
The AZ guy is good as we deal at or below spot most of the time an We are close to him only 8 to 10 weeks. :D

I have had good luck in past at local coin shows several dealers work with my bullion stacking of little bits 8-)
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals