Reagan Warned Us About Obama

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Reagan Warned Us About Obama

Postby Copper Catcher » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:28 pm

Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Reagan Warned Us About Obama

Postby Ardent Listener » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:14 pm

Why can't the republicanS speak out like that now? Even Ron Pual doesn't come out so clearly and directly.
All posts by the person known here as Ardent Listener are for your edification and amusement only and are not intended to provide investment, medical, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.
Ardent Listener
Founding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:14 pm

Sad to think now, but if you're younger than mid-30s, you have no memory of him in his prime. There is one here whom I otherwise respect who doesn't think highly of him, but then I abhor his first choice of past President as well, so we have to agree to disagree. In my view Reagan was our greatest President since Washington. He honed his views and his communication/presentation skills over decades of political education speeches while traveling around the country. He wasn't known as "The Great Communicator" for nothing - it was a real gift - and it wasn't just convenient teleprompting - he could and did speak like that off the cuff with no preparation, and he believed what he spoke.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Tourney64 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:54 pm

The reason Reagan was such a great communicator is he said what he believed. Current president needs a Teleprompter everywhere because he can't say what he really believes or else no one will vote for him.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Ardent Listener » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:10 pm

I do think Mitt Romney has more of that Reagan chrisma than the rest.
All posts by the person known here as Ardent Listener are for your edification and amusement only and are not intended to provide investment, medical, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.
Ardent Listener
Founding Member

Postby fb101 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:51 pm

Ardent Listener wrote:I do think Mitt Romney has more of that Reagan chrisma than the rest.

Not to diminish, but that's not setting the bar very high ("the rest")
Cobras have more charisma than some of them.
fb101

Postby BamaJoe » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:26 pm

I just turned 18 in Aug of 1980 and had the pleasure of casting my first vote for him. Went into the Air Force after college in 84 and there was an atmosphere of pride in having him as the Commander in Chief.

Sad to see the choices we have made since.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions